piano vst

Discussion in 'Software' started by Auxiee, Oct 13, 2022.

1. farao

farao Rock Star

Of course it is his f-n opinion. Do you work for the literary challenged?

2. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

My POINT is that he states his opinion AS IF it is a fact.
    Perhaps you are challenged in some way that affected your ability to understand that.
    My post was wordy but fairly clear, particularly my last sentence.

The tone of his post was one of stating a fact with authority, yet there is no authority in this realm.
    All it takes is reading one of the hundreds of threads & discussions on this topic to know there is NO CONSENSUS and NO AUTHORITY when it comes to what is the BEST piano vst.
    NONE.
    Yet people still make statements as if THEY have either some insider knowledge or some authority.

3. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

That's just like, your opinion, man.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Fowly

Fowly Platinum Record

Bro, it's just my opinion. I've already written two "imo" in my comment, should I write it at the end of every sentence ? It's not like I said "You guys are fucking idiots, let me explain because I've got 200iq".

Of course there's no ultimate piano library that is better than everything else in every situation. It's just that for me, the Production Voices CFX is the most solid option out there, because it both plays great, sounds great, has best-in-class scripting, and is very versatile thanks to its extensive mic selection.

However, I actually mostly use the Fazioli from VI Labs, because I just like its sound so much, and it's quicker to load. So yeah I do know that it will always be down to user preference.

I mean, is Ariana Grande one of the best vocalists out there, technically ? Yes, and it's not even a debate. Do I like to listen to her singing ? Fuck no.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
  5. Gen1

Gen1 Newbie

I tried to download their demo. The link didn't work but after contacting CS I finaly managed to download and install. It crashed immediately on start. I tried 3 times. Contacted CS about the problem but they never replied. I would try the demo first before parting with any cash.

6. Gen1

Gen1 Newbie

Have to agree that Pianoteq has the best feel and control but falls down on realistic sound. If you attempt to edit sounds it gets even worse on the lower end. I'm hoping they release a version 8 soon that may improve the tone. For playability and low system hit, you can't beat it. But for realistic sound, keyscape has it beat.
    Sample sounds still beat an algorithm sound at the moment, but let's hope that changes.

7. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

In my opinion, it just depends on if you prefer Yamaha C7 or Steinway D model sound. With Bosendorfer out of the game, they are the options. I´m not a lover of pianoteq, but agree with relation size/sound if you want a clean piano sound. You got C7 on Keyscape, Steinway D on Hans Zimmer piano (my favourite with the extra reverb and delay). It would be nice an update of Synthogy Ivory.

As other users said, check different plugins/libraries and get the sound you have in your head.

8. MozartEstLa

MozartEstLa Platinum Record

Keyzone Classic (by Bitsonic), it's free. Largely enough for my usage (live performance).
    Pianoteq are fantastic IMO (I've tested v7 some months ago), unfortunately too expensive for my restricted budget.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2022