Piano Club

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by tori, Mar 17, 2019.

1. tori

tori Platinum Record

Just being curious who plays piano too and what kind of pieces. At the moment im playing something like this

little hard lol. Want to learn something from Ravel, hes my Favorite Composer, sadly Gaspard de la Nuit is out of question .-.

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

I like ur playing, it's sweet! I get a chance to play around w/ an old upright at work (that is left in a corner of a massive hall - convenient af =) it's a real experience coming from just messing around on a controller keyboard to having something percussive that you need to think about (the mechanics of) playing. I mostly just mess around and improvise, but it's a lot more fun and takes a lot more concentration and energy to play the real thing, it does feel different but still familiar. You still feel like the music is dragging you along sometimes, other times vice versa. I don't think I ever broke sweat playing synths softly!

4. tori

tori Platinum Record

Oh well, sorry, it's not me, that's bad, it seems i made a mistake. I was just looking for a youtube video of the piece i'm practising right now, don't know if a concert pianist has the time to post in forums.... with anime avatars xD

Yeah its something else, sadly i sold my real piano some time ago because i moved where i couldnt have a piano, now i just have a 88 keys and a 24 key midi controller, its not really the same but i can practise. Befor I started (trying) to compose something i was very passionate about piano playing, but since then i barely played, want to play a little more now. But it's a little hard, when you practise some harder pieces it's as much time consuming as making 1-3 songs, but its really fun.

Bought a harpsichord last year, its not as good a piano, but i like historical music, soo... I love it.

5. tori

tori Platinum Record

Only have 1 recording atm, it's a little old and not even finished... And im not too proud of it.

Really liked the honky tonk sound of my old piano.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List