Phase plant fundamental harmonic

Discussion in 'Electronic' started by Netserker, Nov 12, 2023.

1. Netserker

Netserker Member

Is it possible to remove fundamental harmonic in phase plant like in serum?
    For example when i detune wave form the fundamental farmonic is detuning but i want to have stable and not floating sub bass harmonic. In serum i can go to wave editor and select ''remove fundamental'' this function removes the lowest harmonic and then i can add the sub osc which is stable.
    In phase plant i can not find the function like this even when i add additional oscillator with sine and without detuning my sub bass still floating.
    Any ideas about that?

3. racoon_one

racoon_one Newbie

just use lanes and assign each wavetable to it's own lane
    upload_2023-11-30_11-34-0.png

4. coralmay

coralmay Member

Select your wavetable of choice or wave, go to the editor
    Select Filter tool and choose high pass
    Select all the area you want to affect of the wavetable (all of it if you want the fundamental gone in all the wavetable)
    Set your cutoff, no q factor and highest slope
    Done

upload_2024-2-17_18-14-25.png

Attached Files:

5. audioplg

audioplg Ultrasonic

whay not just use the pen tool thats above the filter tool you have selected in that picture.
    as that whould be the same as editing in serum with its pen tool.

6. coralmay

coralmay Member

I dont think you can select the whole wavetable while doing harmonic editing, it allows for frame by frame editing afaik, the filter is the only one that allows full wavetable editing at once.

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

Do you ever use Sonic Academy Node for this? It's another wavetable utility with it's own set of pros and cons. it's export features allow you to select multiple different export targets all at the same time. I was wondering if it can be used woith Phaseplant? Maybe could trick it to use 2048 or something for a different target?

8. coralmay

coralmay Member

Never used this and never heard of it, I just tend to use Serum's wavetable editor or Phaseplant's depending on my needs cause Serum's is more technical and Phaseplant's is a bit more creative with other modes it has including its disperse function though a little destructive cause I can't undo my changes when Ive done it.

Do you mean 2048 samples? I mean thats standard for wavetables, the amount of frames is hard coded on the program, for phaseplant it hits the limit of 256 frames, serum is the same and other wavetable synthesizers unless its some other ones that use the double like 512 or so but would be intensive. I dont see why would you use this though. Maybe to convert .wav wavetables into other formats but a lot just read .wav

9. clone

clone Audiosexual

It depends on the softsynths you are exporting for. Some are 1024, etc. It will export for multiple target synths at one time, and allow you to place the exported wavetable copies directly into their various locations all at once. The max frame # in Node is also 256. It's just a little utility app.

10. coralmay

coralmay Member

It seems neat for that usage but for wavetable editing maybe not