Perfect Releases every time??

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Ichos, May 24, 2023.

1. Ichos

Ichos Producer

As I was scrolling through the comments on a certain release today I noticed many of the comments from us were discourteous, impudent and some even sarcastic.
    I understand as much as we all like to have everything for free in perfect condition we all know that it's simply not possible. It's not logic but Mathematics...
    One effort may be closer to perfection than other but all will never ever be 100%. Because this violates the basic laws of Physics [ The Laws of Thermodynamics comes into play]. Hope every one understands that.

In view of this it is not only sad but also Unfair to all those who not only spend a great deal of their time but toils countless hours of hardwork to bring to us a successful working release and bring smiles to our faces.

Inspite of this sometimes mathematics plays a spoilsport and a release doesn't function as intended. Hence a repack or a revision is warranted. In such cases we may politely and humbly put forward our observations and shortcomings of the release so the same may be corrected.

But to pester and criticise those who are toiling for us at perhaps no benefit of theirs it would simply be a great disrespect and disregard to them.

The only thing we can pay to them for all their hard work is RESPECT.
    This is all they want from us.

I bow and pay my homage to all those toiling behind the scenes for us.
    If I hurt anyone from the community I apologise. Please forgive me

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

I can dig it

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. George Santos

George Santos Kapellmeister

I think most sarcasm and other offensive sounding comments may be misinterpreted.

Where I'm from, sarcasm is a style of humor. I might type something critical sounding but in my head it's a joke and I'm laughing. In different parts of the world sarcasm isn't accepted as humor though and I understand that.

There are definitely trolls out there who are offensively harassing though. Developers and the community have to learn to ignore it. Those people won't stop. I know it's easier said than done as trolls scare me away from releasing any content too

Last edited: May 24, 2023
  5. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Exactly :wink:

When a member with 3 comments in 4 years writes " this releases is worthless" I can't see sarcasm in this, only childish demanding and disrespect.

But getting back to you, if you know that sarcasm is not seen in most of the world like in your country, and you also know that members and releasers / teams are from all over the world, why not adapt the way you communicate instead of taking the almost 100% risk of being misunderstood?

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

The utmost respect and good vibes goes out to ALL connected with the scene. From the distros to the packers to the coders who work relentlessly to get these gems out there, they ALL deserve our respect and admiration. Without them, most of us all here are dead in the water. When something is amiss, it must be made known so that it can be fixed. Those sentiments should be conveyed respectfully and accurately every time. There's no need for animosity or frustration directed at any group for release issues. For #1 it's not their fault and #2 it won't get the issues corrected any faster.
    There is a LOT of crappy software being released by the capitalist industrial corporatocracy. The only one to blame for that is the capitalist system itself. Yet we all are expected to pay for shitty software regardless. The scene is our status quo. Without it, the entire thing is just an industry of dollars and cents not about good, music, video, or art.
    :wink::winker::speaker::headbang::guitarhero::thanks:

Last edited: May 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

When people talk shit about releases, the phrase "Beggars can't be choosers" comes to mind.

I mean, with the sheer amount of stuff coming out all the time it's a surprise (to me anyway) that most of it works exactly as expected. Yes, bad releases happen but they get fixed quickly anyway. Respect to the people doing this.

Besides, running into problems every now and then is just part of the game, always has, and always will be.

8. George Santos

Redacted. Not intended to offend.

Last edited: May 25, 2023
  9. gotnofriends

gotnofriends Kapellmeister

jeez man get over yourself. all he's saying is be polite

10. George Santos

Redacted. Not intended to offend.

Last edited: May 25, 2023
  11. Ichos

Ichos Producer

Mr. George sir, Please don't let few impertinent persons stop you from releasing any content. Be rest assured we as a community always look forward to anyone willing to release some content and also has a lot of admiration and respect for them. If someone like you come forward and supply us with a release it will also encourage others to follow in your footsteps. Hope to see your name soon on the release board...:)

12. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

The only entity with a perfect release every time.

[​IMG]