People are selling cracked Software via Instagram

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by BenniTheBlockbuster, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Audiosexual

trying to stop people from selling crack on social media is like trying to stop people from selling crack on the streets

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. stopped

stopped Platinum Record

I don't support people selling pirated software (or any other business that preys on the ignorant), but I'd never support copyright cops by reporting people to them

3. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

To be fair about sister site, not everyone who downloads pirated software makes money of it, the ratio of those who just try it for experience or fun without any financial benefit can be much higher than the broken or unethical musicians.
    For the long term, it can be beneficial for the developers letting people get used to their software before becoming professional musicians.
    Ok, this is an old discussion.

Back to the topic, I think there must be people selling cracked instagram accounts, too.

4. Citrik Acid

Citrik Acid Platinum Record

If there are sellers this is because there are buyers and these buyers are dumb people

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  5. pizza boy

pizza boy Guest

um... not to state the obvious but to state the obvious what the hell do ya think spotify is? utorrent version 2. biggest sham thieving 100 trillionaires club in the history of the world. but still nobody cares about it and everybody just cant wait to give them their new songs some 120,000 each day :suicide:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

I know it is shady, but atleast the torrents are seeded, because people try to avoid pyying for their ratio.
    I am not saying it alright.

7. BagelShaggerz

BagelShaggerz Platinum Record

Yeah guys, so do your part and buy up all that crack so no one else can ruin their life. Take one for the team, yo.

[​IMG]

8. iw

iw Producer

As long as there are fish in the sea, there will be fishermen. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Blowfly

Blowfly Ultrasonic

MercadoLibre is nothing illegal, it's the Ebay, Paypal and Amazon in one for Latin America. I recommend to purchase shares of MercadoLibre. And btw, in Ebay or Amazon they sell also fake goods, stolen things, Office Keys for 3 Euro etc etc.

10. Coochie Bean Paste

Coochie Bean Paste Producer

somebody should write a trap song about it. you can feel the desperation.

11. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

I know the site is not illegal in itself, but there are mofos selling warez there. And it doesn't seem to be any control over it.

12. cappin kurt

cappin kurt Member

13. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

I mean, there's people who pay, so there'll be people who sells, its offer x demmand, even though I don't agree with this, there's still people who would rather pay someone to gave em a link instead of searching by themselves so yeah, pretty normal, dude is a opportunity seeker

14. sonnymoonlight

sonnymoonlight Member

this has been common for quite sometime now. i know of a couple reputable people who offer a service via remote view and they'll load up plugins/libraries. i've even witnessed known industry producers in the hiphop/trap realm use it.

i think its fucking stupid if music is your profession and you actually profit off it.

to each their own tho

15. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

And facebook n tonnes of groups, shit happens ,its just the way things are

16. clone

clone Audiosexual

There is one other South American site someone here linked to; and it looks even bigger, nicer and more pro designed to me. And brand new versions of Cubase Pro were like 4 dollars. So blatant it looks like a dark web site.

17. El Cycer

El Cycer Producer

Cracked software has more "warmth" then the legit one

18. statik

statik Audiosexual

from my own experience the only way to combat this is to contact the actual devs and inform them about it and even then there are quite the few that will not act upon it. over here we have marktplaats, the dutch version of craigslist, and i run into sellers of illegal software there as well, several years ago i decided to act upon one that wasnt even hiding it, they even used the readme's in the description. the site itself didnt do a damn thing about it so i contacted several devs that were being sold by them. only 1 got back to me and wanted more info and in the end we worked together to get those guys banned from that platform. i'm pretty sure he knew that i was a warez user (how the hell would i know r2r's readme files) but we agreed that
    a: selling warez will always screw over the buyers as they will have no support when needed
    b: because of this warez are free.
    and partially because of the sheer arrogance of those guys (haha whatcha gonna do) he was actually prepared to throw the book (and all the dollars) at them to prosecute them. and it worked, we got those guys banned everywhere.

19. SacyGuy

SacyGuy Kapellmeister

The same company, MercadoLivre in Brazil, that is extremely huge, its the main marketplace of the country, has a lot of people selling cracked software

its unbelieveble

20. El Cycer

El Cycer Producer

A question: are these sellers of "unused licenses" here on Audiosex ok? I mean, they open an account just for business and sell dozens of different apps/plugins at prices that are outrageously low for being original products... I find these posts very suspicious. I’ve no intention of buying anything from them, just asking out of curiosity.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List