PDC problems

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by xsound, Apr 14, 2020.

1. xsound

xsound Noisemaker

Hello fellow producers!

I did some research but could not find satisfying answer for this issue. My subject is Plugin Delay Compensation. Forums are full of topics, but there is no way to go for FLS users who want to calculate manually the value.

Some projects are problematic and after seeing debug log I find such info:
    a.JPG

Do you know by any change if I can check one by one each plugin on mixer channel 'how much' is the value in 'miliseconds' so I can do all the math by myself manually?

For the demonstration example I create new project. Option of automatic PDC is on.

On the mixer channel 3 I put Multiband Compressor(stock from FL), SlickHDR and some Parametric EQ2.
    Now, when i mouse over the name of plugin "Multiband compressor", I can see the value of samples/latency in the left corner under menu:
    b.jpg

The same happen with SlickHDR where I can see another value (higher)

Now, I go to channel 4 on the mixer where is no vst effects loaded and I can see sum of values in this place:
    value.JPG

So simply I could set it up manually as I get two values and add them. But not each plugin shows this value when i mouse over its name. I could assume they do not cause the latency, but sometimes I doubt that, especially when I get info in the log about the problems - revert to manual PDC. Is there any way to check each plugin latency (samples or ms) ?

3. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

DPC (Deferred Procedure Call) is something completely different from PDC (Plugin Delay Compensation), you should probably edit the title to avoid confusion.

4. xsound

xsound Noisemaker

Thanks, that was a typo in the title.

5. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

Dude, update your FL Studio. Newer versions flat out show you plugin delays. And in samples too, which is way more convenient.
    Alternatively, open the plug and gear window. It'll show latency in milliseconds.
    View attachment 19612
    I hate this forum engine sometimes.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  6. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

Accidental doublepost, please delete.

Attached Files:

7. xsound

xsound Noisemaker

@justwannadownload thanks, but the problem with the update is that it screw my older projects that are still unfinished and have glitches to fix. With pattern blocks disappearing without regedit trick in versios 12.5+ there are strange things with old projects and they sound noticeable different.