PC to Smart TV DLNA issues

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by orbitbooster, Apr 8, 2020.

1. orbitbooster

orbitbooster Audiosexual

I bought a Samsung Smart TV series 7 and I'm using Serviio as Media Server on PC.

It generally works fine, but there is something that drives me mad, that is, sometimes (actually too often) Serviio is not seen by tv, even if tv is connected and can use all other services as YT, browser, etc.

I assigned a fixed IP from the router to tv, if I check the list of connected devices IS THERE, but the strange thing is that at times appears TIZEN (the tv OS), but most times not.

I thought it was a problem of weak signal, but the same issue is on my smartphone, VLC sees Serviio just occasionally even if it is kissing the router.

So I guess the problem is on Serviio (but also with UMS was the same) OR on the router.

One hint is that if I first start the PC and then the tv, Serviio appears.
    However it's not acceptable, if tv connects first to the router, shoud be seen as well.

Any suggestion?

3. boomoperator

boomoperator Rock Star

Check the competitors: Emby, Jellyfin, Infuse & Plex.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. orbitbooster

orbitbooster Audiosexual

I already tested Plex, but I don't like that it requires an account.
    I have just private pics and clips, Serviio and UMS don't require registration, and actually I firewalled them within LAN.

I'll check the others you suggested, hoping they'll not have the hassle of internet restrictive clause.