Pc screen recommendations

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by FaUs, Feb 3, 2021.

1. FaUs

FaUs Noisemaker

I would need help, advice, recommendations, to buy a monitor (screen) for the PC, there are so many variables that I find myself lost. With a budget between € 300 and € 350 a monitor to work in DAW (Reaper) of 30 inches more or less, I do not know if it would be curved as an option to have and even ultrawide.
    Thank you foreros.
    Pd.- sorry for the translation.

3. MetaCastle

MetaCastle Guest

A friend of mine got cheap TN acer monitor 24inch for about 190€ exactly this one: https://www.amazon.com/Acer-KG251Q-Fbmidpx-Technology-UM-KX1AA-F03/dp/B07MJHMQ8W?psc and is quite good colors do mess from drastic angle it comes uncalibrated color contrast out of the box there are presets for it but they arent good that is only complain forgot to mention it comes with display port cable and dvi cable no hdmi cable in the box and no vga input

4. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

1) decide on how many pixels you need your workspace to have - I recommend either 2560x1440, or ultrawide 3440x1440 - IF your computer graphics card can handle that (!)
    2) decide on what pixel density (how small things will be at 100% scaling), with aforementioned resolutions, 27" and 34" respectively is the sweetspot imo
    3) decide if you want better image quality and viewing angles = IPS panel type; or higher refresh rate and faster response, usually cheaper = TN panel type
    4) decide how you'll place it on desk - some monitors have bigger stands, some monitors don't have adjustable stands, many but not all monitors support VESA mount so you may hang monitor on a dedicated arm and save some desk space eventually

with all the above summed up, I'd probably pick Dell P2720D at your price range,
    OR spend noticeably more and get ultrawide Dell P3421W

I personally have Dell AW3418DW which is more of an overpriced gaming monitor, it's 34" 3440x1440 100Hz IPS and Reaper fits perfect, pleasure to work with
    :chilling:

5. FaUs

FaUs Noisemaker

I was looking at this, I think it would be a good fit to work at Daw

AOC Gaming CQ32G1 31.5" LED QuadHD 144Hz FreeSync Curva