PC Kontakt Wizard needed - Library adding but not showing :(

Discussion in 'Software' started by MaschineMan, Nov 16, 2015.

1. MaschineMan

MaschineMan Ultrasonic

Hi All,
    Hope some wizard in Kontakt on the PC can help me please
    I recently got some Native Instruments libraries -
    Symphony Series - Brass Ensemble
    Symphony Series - Brass Solo
    and
    Symphony Series - String Ensemble
    All installed without any error but only 2 of the 3 appeared on the library tab
    Symphony Series - Brass Ensemble wasn't there
    It also wasn't in Maschine or Komplete Kontrol either (as the other 2 were).
    Also going into the Brass Ensemble installed folder and clicking a .nki gave a message telling me that I had to 'add the library before use'

I therefore thought it must be a registry issue (which it seems to be) so I opened up Reg Edit and looked for clues.
    I found that Native Instruments is in 2 areas in the registry
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (SOFTWARE\Native Instruments)
    and
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER (SOFTWARE\Native Instruments)
    but only the 2 visible libraries had entries in them both
    the one only had an entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE but not in HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

So the installers for
    Symphony Series - Brass Solo &
    Symphony Series - String Ensemble
    were putting entries in the 2 registry areas of
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    and
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    but installer for the 'missing' one - Brass Ensemble
    was only putting an entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE but not in HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

I also tried 'manually adding' the library, which again gave no error, but still didn't get the library to appear in the library tab or allow me to use open a .nki.

Please, please - can someone help me solve this problem?

3. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Maybe an issue with Service Center and it's XML files. It's usually linked to libraries not showing under Library Tab. Check Program Files > Common Files > Native Instruments > Service Center and remove XMLs for the libraries you mentioned. Then try readding them.

4. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Ultrasonic

I have the same problem with Spitfire eDNA...added it as usual but it won't show up in Library tab...deleted xml file and tried everything else...if someone knows what the problem is...pls help

5. MaschineMan

MaschineMan Ultrasonic

Unfortunately Andrew, I read that on another post and have already tried deleting the xmls from the Service Centre folder and re-adding but that didn't work for me :(

6. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

What's your Kontakt version? Here in K5.5.0 by R2R it seems to be working rather fine, well all libs that I currently have installed.
    Did you try adding libs outside Standalone Kontakt, e.g. to Kontakt VSTi instance in DAW?

7. JudoLudo

JudoLudo Kapellmeister

have you got legit Symphony Series?

8. MaschineMan

MaschineMan Ultrasonic

Yes Andrew, mine is probably the same one - it is 5.5.0.409.
    I hadn't tried adding through the VSTi, so I have just tried it but still no luck :(
    When I try to add in it says it already exists in the library tab
    but obviously its not there - but also if you go into the folder and click a .nki. it still says 'you need to add the library before use' - SO IT OBVIOUSLY ISN'T there - so Kontakt obviously is talking rubbish.
    I wouldn't mind it not been in the Library Tab, if I could still click on a .nki. and use it, but I cant even do this - I haven't even seen it open yet.

I think I need to get something into the registry area - HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    as the other 2 (which work fine) have entries in there and this one doesn't :(

9. MaschineMan

MaschineMan Ultrasonic

@JudoLudo - yes I'm using the official N I installers - but I've also tried installing manually.

10. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

I've been using, the Kontakt Custom Library Creator v2.1 by DoubleY for well over a year. When I first began using it, I noticed that even though I made sure that all of my SNPID numbers are different for each NICNT file, some of the instrument tabs were not showing up in my Kontakt 5 Player. Very frustrating (to say the least). After experimenting with random SNPID numbers and letters, I decided to look into the Windows Registry. I went into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Content. There you will see a bunch of K2lib files. Look for the library or libraries in question, and re-assign that library to another K2lib designation. (For example, change K2Lib0031 into K2lib0041 or some other numerical sequence. (99.9% of the time this allows Kontakt to finally show a troublesome library). *See screenshots. Hope this proves helpful... Native Instruments Registry Screenshot.JPG Native Instruments Registry Screenshot2.JPG View attachment 1506 View attachment 1507 Native Instruments Registry Screenshot5.JPG

11. user141

user141 Newbie

Sometimes if library not showing it means visibility reg entry been disabled or misconfigured/deleted.

Try tweaking registry i.e create reg entry for visibility along the lines of eDNAreg for Visibility REG_DWORD 0x00000003 (3) then add it

i.e value name Visibility Value Data 0000 03 00 00 00

Something like that normally the problem check visibility data for other libraries for mac u have to modify .plist file

Good luck!

12. MaschineMan

MaschineMan Ultrasonic

Thanks NYCGRIFF - this sounded promising, so I looked into it, but unfortunately none of the Symphony Series appear in this area of the registry, so I was unable to change the number for the Brass Ensemble (but nor could I for the other 2 either)

I really believe that, as the missing library 'Symphony Series - Brass Ensemble' does not have a entry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER (SOFTWARE\Native Instruments)
    and the 2 working ones (Brass Solo and String Ensembles) do have an entry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER (SOFTWARE\Native Instruments) that it is something to do with this but I don't know how to make it right :(

13. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Say MaschineMan: I don't happen to have the Native Instruments "Symphony Series" in my collection, so I really can't zero in on why it does not show up in your Registry. I would like to ask if you're using the "cracked" or legit version of the Kontakt Player? Please let me know.

14. MaschineMan

MaschineMan Ultrasonic

Cracked full kontakt 5.5.0.409. :)

15. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Okay...

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015