Paying homage to any artwork and no reason to excuse

Discussion in 'Music' started by foster911, Jul 10, 2017.

1. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Neaah, you're fresh around here. Foster is not a music guru he's a troll getting tired as lately he's rehashing the same topics. In short, Foster wants random sounds to be called music. To use your metaphor, Foster wants the outside world to be called "prison".

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

there are many types of music , all the genres of music are made different, different complexity , different purpose different context etc.
    a simple programmed song might be the perfect thing for a soundtrack to a film or tv show to bring the exact needed emotion to a scene.
    you cannot just think in terms of blanket statements of compartmentalizing reality down to a single sentence, because the reality of any situation is more complex than that.
    there is no wisdom in trying to force reality to be a simple as a sentence in your thoughts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Lightsleeper

Lightsleeper Noisemaker

Maybe foster is right, but you just dont know it :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Right about what?

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. LZ Jaydon

LZ Jaydon Producer

I can't see why one piece of music should hold more worth than another.

Music itself is neither good or bad. Its your perception of different kinds of music that makes it "good" or bad".

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. foster911

foster911 Guest

7. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Man, who needs squarewave gated glitch f/x when you got the lovely Meredith Monk?

8. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

What's that you say? Where's the dance?
    Oh... okay. Seeing as how all of you insisted:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. tooloud

tooloud Guest

In my experience you cannot make dance music if you don't devote yourself to dancing. The more time I spent on the floor listening and following good DJ'S the better my understanding of what I was trying to achieve.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

I started messing around with daws in 04 with acid pro. My first ever song was a whole song. Since then I've made dance, metal, alternative, reggae, and hip hop using and playing both real instruments like guitars, bass guitar, and even a cello as welll as sample libraries. I recorded my own and many other peoples vocals. Ive learned to use ableton, acid, reaper, fl studio and studio one. Before this I was in many bands, and even before that I was in choir when I was in grade school and I also took piano lessons all throughout my early teens. I had the motivation, drive, and determination as well as an open mind to make any kind of music depending on where the motivation took me.

Foster, your only problem is yourself. You can pigeonhole complete styles and genres for years, but that isnt the problem here. It all boils down to your lack of...........

11. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I started using acid in 2001(it became my fav)sonor and cubase before that, i used it all the way until i switched to x64 operating system and x64 plugins about 10 years ago.

13. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

I quite enjoyed the song he posted. Reminded of Sade for some odd reason. Not the best mix, yet the desolate vibe of that song was beautiful. He's right imo. I'm tired of these happy, happy joy, joy ADHD pop/dance songs and the remedial knock off Jason Voorhees arpeggiated trap/rap songs that plague mainstream media.

14. Johndifo

Johndifo Noisemaker

Dance music? Stupid listener? tango, salsa, bachata, zouk, kizomba, bolero, forro, lindy hop, Etc etc
    Want an advice? Leave the computer and go dance, you will be much happier.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. GODSanAI

GODSanAI Kapellmeister

16. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

Well I'm sorry friend. A few weeks ago I was like "oh wow Foster left, well I'll miss him!"
    Now I realize I really didn't
    Gonna ignore all your threads from now on, really boring and nonsense

17. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

When's this from? 1991?

18. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

oh my god. they were so full of life and energy back then. musically, this song is so simple. i don't know how edge (look - he has hair!) and clayton could keep up that energy playing the same thing over and over for eleven minutes. if not for the energy and bono's enthusiasm, this song would be a snoozefest.

19. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

@foster911

1. You are clearly having a bad day. There is another new day waiting for you tomorrow. lets make it a better day than this one aye?:mates:

2. to find the answer to your original question i would point you "solve" this one first. "whats the meaning of life?`" - when you find the answer, you can use that answer to your original question as well.

keep it simple :)

20. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

Absolutely right. But to know all this you need a bit of life experience. Unfortunately in forums it's very hard to know whether we're replying to a teenager with very little life experience, or an adult. Foster's curiosity is infectious and we all like or admire him on some level - he has the balls to ask and put ideas out there to be discussed. Where he shows his imaturity (and lack of life experience) is that he asks the question and gives his heavily-biased opinion at the same time. Asking. The curiosity is admirable. But we're never quite sure whether he's up for a sensible debate or if he's just having a rant, a dig at something. All this points to an undeveloped mind. Young. But you can you can live an entire life with an undeveloped mind.

In any case, what's the real difference between buying some music written down on paper (which anyone could do since the beginning of written-down music) and just changing a few things to create something new or borrowing an idea and developing something new or different, and using loops and samples and computers to create music today? During various periods in history all art looked similar, music sounded similar, humour, books, movies, TV, radio and so on. All art grows out of another person's art because we are inspired by what we see, hear, read and think. We can't do these things in total isolation without exposure to other's works.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List