Paying for w4r3z is wrong and stupid

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by The Pirate, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

and always use the mirrors of horsemen,funtime and decible

and on top you could disable youre adblocker :rofl:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  2. Gyro Gearloose

i think paying for warez didnt exist ten years ago am i wrong ?

:sad:
    apple user dont allowed to use warez they have enough money ...:excl:
    vor allem in munich:rofl:
    these guys paying manley gear from savings from not buying software at all...
    this need to be regulated..:mad:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  3. Gyro Gearloose

.delete me

4. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

Hey! Kids are watching...
    ...and don't have a clue about this 21-yo story.

5. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

It's even worse. There are people (e.g. Júnior Porciúncula) who record the sound bank of some well-known digital pianos via digital audio output, without authorization of the brand and sell them with the script in Kontakt GUI on this same second-hand website.

6. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

What can I say? I'm an old fuck dude... :disco:

7. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Sorry! I totally forgot that today's music market is dominated by 15 years old bedrom producers with a notebook full of releases by r2r and VR.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. tapekiller

tapekiller Kapellmeister

I am pretty sure the issue extends up to the 30s.
    And I'm pretty sure that who has access to so much cracked stuff they will most likely give the priority to collect warez rather than becoming good at the programs they have.
    I admit that in my early days I used some pirated programs but making good money with music allowed me to start buying what I use (because let's not forget that it's the right thing to do, no way around it, and if you don't want to spend money there are plenty of valid alternatives) and since I has begun paying for my software there is a subconscious process that ties you to the product you spent money on, and there is a higher likeliness to be willing to become better at rather than being overfed with warez that you can't even use simply because you have too much stuff and can't choose what to use.

At some point the vast majority of people using cracked software professionally actually ha the financial means to afford these, but it's just easier to simply used cracked software rather than making a commitment and start saving money or making little sacrifices to own something, and pay the people who made the software in the first place. Because without an income the dev would just stop delivering software, and good products should be rewarded.

People who exploit ignorance and sell cracked stuff are parasites.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

:goodpost:That is correct. They are parasites.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. indianwebking

indianwebking Platinum Record

sir you're mistaken. there are people who are called stupid and ignorant or we prefer to call them "n00bz". or "n00bs" or "script kiddies" or even "junkies". why ? because they cant' simply do a search in google. which should be "uploaded leech" "rapidgator leech". such a shame that you think that audioz is not helping the warez scene. if you have that much problem you are free to use torrents or other sites. but that'll not provide you with the speed and will never fulfill your urge to download the material the same day unless it has very high number of seeders. rather than leechers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. indianwebking

can you give me link in PM for research purposes ?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

report them

13. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Translation: There is no honor among thieves...but there certainly is.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

My moral high-ground:
    If someone works seriously in the music industry, will not risk (at least outside of Russia and other non-democratic territories) using warez in his/her work when your customer (agency, record company, game developer etc.) signs a contract with you in which you claim responsibility of the legal ownership/usership of your stuff. If you fail, you lose, not just legally but financially, everything.
    So I don't think this discussion has any relevance.
    Warez exists and is mostly stimulated by the behavior of those companies who don't play fair game with their clients; who try to sell half-baked stuff; who cheat about money-back-guaranty claims; who relabel/remix old sample libraries (and inflate them to 10x the size) with the claim that it's newly recorded from scratch; who sells buggy stuff shamelessly etc.
    Warez is free advertisement and actually serves better than a normal marketing campaign (when a product is really worth it).
    And sister site is a good example because there is a community that gives their feedback during testing these products. You can't expect genuine opinion from an official review-site that has to earn money from it for maintaining itself and has to be nice with the developers otherwise they won't provide their new releases anymore.
    It's like a trial period. Because demo songs are... you know... not always genuine, either.
    If you are a bedroom warez-guy that downloads everything just to clog your HDDs, you are not even a client for these companies, they should not care about it.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Everyone paints us Russians as the bad guys, the outlaws. We could be just manufacturing the guns, and the rest of the world the ones pulling the triggers. You, anyone, have to be naive to even think that elsewhere outside Russia the use of w4r3z is confined to the amateur. Just to give you an example read this article https://www.prosoundweb.com/topics/studio/waves_audio_wins_case_against_copyright_infringement/
    Quad Recording is not a little guy.http://quadnyc.com/

16. indianwebking

this is why I don't use waves. i don't even know how to swim. I'm too afraid of waves.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  17. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@indianwebking

First of all fix your quote because I did not say all of that nor was I laughing. Secondly, it does not matter whether it is 9 years old or 20. It serves to show that w4r3z usage is NOT confined to Russia or bedroom producers.

18. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

I meant about the legal (political) system/ambient, not the people. About the supposed consequences.
    People can be the same shit or good anywhere.

19. tapekiller

tapekiller Kapellmeister

That's actually a quite poor excuse that reeks of entitlement. If the product is so bad, or if the dev has shitty practices, simply don't fucking use the product maybe? It's not that hard to understand. And if the dev treats clients like shit, the place where seeing it hurts the most is places filled with people who might end up buying the product, not places where they're waiting for a team to release the software.

This is a good point, but sometimes former pirates can become customers. This phenomenon, though, needs proper contextualization and, after all, it still doesn't excuse the behaviour. This would be the case of the "extended demo", the person who used the cracked software could have been a potential customer even before downloading the cracked version, although if a potential customer finds a cracked version he is more likely to use it, and it takes an extra step to commit and buy the software.

Oh, man... you can't genuinely think that devs look for feedback on warez sites, that's simply stupid. Or maybe it's something warez users want to convince themselves about to not feel guilty for not paying a dev for their work and keep riding the high-horse of self righteousness.
    And what's even more moronic is the idea of helping a dev by "advertising" for their product simply because if advertisement is confined within the magic warez realm where people circlejerk about "helping a dev with free advertisement" (even if they are not paying for the software themselves) then the free advertisement it's not really worth a damn.
    Furthermore, do you think a warez user would recommend buying it (which would make him an hypocrite since he isn't even listening to their own advice and BUY it) or just link to warez pages (which would be coherent) and effectively making the advertisement not only ineffective, but more in favor of the warez site than the devs?
    If you hanged around kvr you would see that the few devs that are responsive and listen to feedback are responding there, they don't create an account on the sister site to access blacklisted posts that they compiled a DMCA complaint for. That's just stupid beyond imagination.
    Besides, why would a dev collect feedback from warez users if the features and fixes suggestions come from people who aren't even supporting the dev in the first place? Legit users would find out bugs and issues anyway, and post them on forums where the devs are actually interacting with legit customers and showing what they're up to. Urs Heckmann and Manuel (Vengeance) definitely do so and Steve even has its own forum. The backlash from official review sites you're mentioning is just a made up myth. There is no repercussion whatsoever, especially because the devs' job is to provide products, they won't stop just because of bad reviews. What's even more logic is that people who actually got to spend time with the software they financially committed with are more likely to understand the in and outs of them, and give proper reviews rather than just opening a cracked version, move a couple knobs with no knowledge of what they do, call it shit and move onto the next 20 compressors downloaded from the sister site. Legit users learn to work with what they have, and the typical warez user doesn't, because he's craving for the next releases. And if no releases come everyone panics because warez are an addiction that triggers a dopamine kick wherever a new release comes.

TL;DR
    This is the simple ineluctable truth. No way around it.

20. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

Oh man, sorry but you made up so many allegations that I haven't stated, I don't know if you are biased, trolling or just simply have difficulties in reading comprehension.
    I did not state anywhere that devs look for feedback on warez sites. (and I also did not state that warez sites want to help devs advertising their product.) I said that a site with an active community that gives genuine feedback (for other users, for Christ sake!) are much more convincing than a mostly egoist, paid review-site personnel who likes to listen to his own voice more than anything else and who is able to play piano worse than a doped cat falling onto the keyboard.

"If the product is so bad, or if the dev has shitty practices, simply don't fucking use the product maybe? It's not that hard to understand."
    Yeah, you can stop using a product after having purchased it. Great solution for a problem! Good for you if you understand what you are saying.
    And you did not get my very first sentence. So you can't understand why people who have access to warez, yet are buying expensive software they want to use for their serious work.
    and so on... Good night!