Paul Koch - Freeware Swarm Libraries for NI Kontakt

Discussion in 'Software News' started by BEAT16, Apr 1, 2022.

1. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Paul Koch - Freeware Swarm Libraries for NI Kontakt

THE ACOUSTIC SWARMITAR
    This is part 3 in a growing now-trilogy of swarmatron-inspired free Kontakt instruments! It uses 6 different acoustic stringed instruments, with 40+ different strings playing at any given moment, all of which can bend in and out of tune with one another up to an octave in either direction with a CC control.

Instruments used:

-Gibson J-45 Acoustic Guitar
    -Fender High Strung Acoustic Guitar
    -5-string Banjo
    -Mandolin
    -a pretty broken Marxophone
    -DIY Cardboard Dulcimer (link below)

I hope you like it and please share your experiments with me! More to come!
    (Requires the FULL version of Kontakt 5.6.8 or later)

THE SWARMINET
    As a follow-up to the SWARMITAR, the SWARMINET is a (free) Kontakt instrument, inspired by the Swarmatron, which is made up of 10 clarinets that can bend in and out of tune with one another using a MIDI CC control.

It works great as an interesting modulating bed underneath a solo instrument, as a filtered Blade Runner horn through mountains of delays and reverbs, as a rich and beautiful detuned (or not) synth pad, but mostly I encourage you to pave your own path and share your experiments with me!

Please enjoy, and I look forward to hearing how you use it!

THE SWARMITAR
    I've made a bunch of versions of this bendy swarmy Swarmatron-inspired instrument over the years in Kontakt and Omnisphere with various sound sources like strings, horns, and synths for my work on shows like Scandal and the upcoming Netflix film, The Block Island Sound. (You can hear one of them in the opening tones of the trailer here)

This one, however, blending the ebowed guitar textures I love from the likes of Nine Inch Nails with the bendy Swarmatron textures I love from totally way different people like Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, felt like something special, so here it is!

So go out and transition into or out of tension, ride the mod wheel and play it like a string pad, play it like a Blade Runner horn through long reverbs and delays of choice, put it through your favorite amp sim, channel your inner David Bowie, bend it, swarm it, and do things with it that I didn’t think to do. Please enjoy, and I look forward to hearing how you use it!

Infos / Links / Download / Videos
    https://www.paulkochmusic.com/kontaktlibraries

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

THE ACOUSTIC SWARMITAR

THE SWARMINET

THE SWARMITAR