Patterns out of sync

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by Tag4rce7, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Tag4rce7

Tag4rce7 Noisemaker

Hi!

Since last month I have a weird problem. When I work on a project, and it starts to get kind of big, some of my patterns seems to lose sync with each others. For example, when the drop come, my instruments doesn't start all at the same time. And, if I try to have a piano and a pluck playing the same melody at the same time they start getting out of sync.

What can I do? I suspect APDC to be the source of the problem, but if turn it off it's even worse. Can it be because I use the integrated sound card of my mother-board?

Thank you in advance and sorry for bad English :D
    Cheers!

PS: I use Asio4all and it says that I have 12ms of latency, and my CPU is around 35% in this project. In the audio settings of FL it's talking about "Plugins Latency" (Like on this pic) but I don't know what it means.

3. mewoingtons

mewoingtons Producer

Try using FL STUDIO ASIO driver instead, and are you using Kontakt? Cause I've experienced the same issue sometimes with Kontakt getting out of sync.

4. Tag4rce7

Tag4rce7 Noisemaker

Thanks for answer!

I'm going to try to use FL STUDIO ASIO. And yes I was using Kontakt in this project. But I don't think it's the only reason to the problem because it does this in a lot of my projects lately and I pretty much never use Kontakt.

EDIT: I switched to FL Asio, it's a bit better but my kick and lead are still out of sync. Here is a screenshot of my audio settings now.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  5. U-Kadian

U-Kadian Kapellmeister

is everything in the Mixer? if not put all in the mixer and it should sync.. if not plan B :)

6. Tag4rce7

Tag4rce7 Noisemaker

Thanks for answer :)
    Yes everything is in the mixer :/ Idk if it's important but I'm using busses.
    What is plan B?

7. U-Kadian

U-Kadian Kapellmeister

try changing from auto PDC to track.. (Little arrow corner of mixer) then switch it straight back.. sometimes i do this and it sorts it.. if not i'll think of something else cus Ive had every problem in FL you can get lol

8. U-Kadian

U-Kadian Kapellmeister

Yea Busses ain't the probelm but it could be a plugin/s.. try disabling each insert or each plugin 1 by 1 (where you think the problem is) and see if if syncs.. let me know.. i'm trying to remember how i solved this but it was a while ago

9. mewoingtons

mewoingtons Producer

Yeah it looks like a plugin delay issue, check all your effects plugins and try reloading them maybe.

10. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

It's in your routing path I think, one of your lines is separated to a line that creates delay and a line going straight to the master channel.
    problem with this is the line going to your master does not get pdc

A solution to this is instead of letting it go straight to the master, route it to a separate (clean) track where pdc can be applied and remove the route going straight in the master channel.

don't forget to set pdc back to automatic and then everything should be fine!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  11. Index

Index Producer

They could be part of the Problem. The FL PDC is the reason why I'm learning Cubase at the moment, because it's f'cked.
    The problem occurs when you route a mixer insert A to mixer insert B and B has a plugin that creates latency while both A and B are routed to the master.
    Try it for yourself:
    1. Create an empty project
    2. load some synth like 3x OSC
    3. route that synth to mixer insert 1
    4. route mixer insert 1 to mixer insert 2 (make sure both are still routed to the master)
    5. apply some plugin with latency to mixer insert 2 (the more latency the more obvious the result)
    6. play the synth and listen for yourself

12. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

Plugin delay compensation, FL's works really weirdly, in some situation it works in some it doesnt

13. U-Kadian

U-Kadian Kapellmeister

yea FL needs to sort this.. always some weird goings on with every darn mix :(

14. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

It is completely consistent, I don't see what the problem is

the only thing that really bothers me somewhat is envelopes pdc response

15. U-Kadian

U-Kadian Kapellmeister

this all depends on the plugins you use how each person experiences in FL Studio... not FL studio itself.. and also depends on the complexity and Routing of tracks .. my friend has no FL isuues but I do.. trust me i bet you know someone who is or has had issues with FL Studio :)

16. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

Hehe I agree on that, I've almost pulled out my hair on more then one occasion,
    But my experience is that in my situation and the ones surrounding me,
    most of the time the issue is between the screen and the seat..:bleh:

[​IMG]

and after I left people have to make sense out of my routing:
    [​IMG]

:rofl:

17. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

I know this might sound crazy, but when was the last time you defragged your computer?
    If you do it regularly, then what about deleting the windows prefetch folder (don't worry as it replaces itself after you reboot), and the only downside is your pc/ laptop will take longer to boot up for the next two or three times as it re-populates itself.

Note:- c:\windows\prefetch (make sure when you delete, it you do so from the recycle bin too)

ALSO:- the prefetch folder removal fixes a LOT of waves related issues in 64 bit too.

18. Montgent

Montgent Kapellmeister

If you freeze your tracks as you make them, instead of letting a bunch of vst or vsti drag stuff, you'll have an easier time. If you're using S1 3, it's very quick and easy to unfreeze them and put them back into real time mode. I know a lot of producers that keep plugins running and run into problems when they're trying to input midi tracks and the like. What DAW are you using? Some render VST track to audio quicker than others, but most of them will.

19. Index

Index Producer

Well this is the FL Studio subforum and he mentioned FL in his post so I guess... FL Studio :bleh:

20. Tag4rce7

Tag4rce7 Noisemaker

First thanks everybody for the help :wink:

I think that it's exactly what is happening in my project! But... I didn't really understood your solution to the problem :dunno:
    So, to give you an example, in my project I have a "Kick" insert that is going into a "Kick Aux" insert and in the master. The "Kick Aux" insert is going to the master too. None of them have PDC engaged.

What should I do to correct my issue?

Yup, apparently something like this is happening in my project. Thanks for info buddy! :yes:

My computer is defragging (is that even a word? :bleh:) automatically every week so I don't think it's the source of the problem.
    Thanks for answer :)

For sure this could be a solution... But (In FL at least) it's not really workflow friendly for me. But if it's the only solution I'll do it :)
    Thanks for the idea.

21. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

Interesting, if this was the problem the "kick aux" has to produce latency, are u sure u got automatic delay compensation checked?
    for what it's worth, what version of FL studio u use? did u use the

let's try it anyway:

choose a empty line and call it "Kick Dry" or something of your choice
    make sure everything is set to neutral so this would not impact the sound

Then delete the route from the ''Kick'' insert that goes directly to the master and route it true your new ''kick dry'' insert