patches load in keyscape, no error msg, but no sound

Discussion in 'Software' started by bldngblck, Sep 1, 2018.

1. bldngblck

bldngblck Newbie

anybody else having this problem? in the standalone app, and the au plug in in logic 10.4.1, on macos 10.12.6, the plug in will load up, i can load any patch i choose, no error messages, but no sound comes. i'll see the little bottom arrow in the browser window light up like it's getting a midi signal, but i won't hear any sound come out the plug in. anything i'm overlooking or doing wrong?
    thanks

3. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

I'm on pc but do you have all the keyboards (54 items) in the keyboard folder?
    STEAM\Keyscape\Soundsources\Factory\Keyscape Library\Keyboards

4. bldngblck

bldngblck Newbie

just checked. everything is in the proper place. i've checked my soundcard, i've checked the vst. it'll pull the patches up. it just won't make any sound playing them

5. Rhandy Guzman

Rhandy Guzman Noisemaker

JUST GO IN THE STEAM LIBRARY KEYSCAPE /SOUNDSORCES/FACTORY/KEYSCAPE LIBRARY
    AND DELETE ZMAP.INDEX AND GIVE IT A LITTLE MORE TIME TO BOOT WHEN U RELOAD

6. bldngblck

bldngblck Newbie

that didn't work

7. sparkles

sparkles Guest

Did you check the preferences ,audio e.t.c? do you use midi controler or the keyboard of your mac?

8. bldngblck

bldngblck Newbie

i use a midi controller. i'll pull up omnisphere in logic or standalone, and it will work. i'll close it and pull up keyscape app or plug in, and won't change anything, and it'll load, and show the preview loading and complete, and then, just no sound comes out, no matter which patch i choose

9. sparkles

sparkles Guest

So you want Keyscape seperatly,as a standalone and as a plugin, i dont have Keyscape as a standalone either as a plugin, i use Keyscape throught omnisphere or Komplete Kontrol.
    Sorry man, i dont know further.

10. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

I have a vague recollection that this has to do w/ the fx that Keyscape uses? I'd check that they are all there, maybe you can c/p from Omnisphere to Keyscape. Or redownload? I think it needs innerspace & couple other (db files). I believe you can workaround / check by turning off the fx completely. Again, this is from remembering back to when it was released (!), and I can barely remember what I had for breakfast! (that I have just finished eating =)

11. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

right click on Steam folder and see if you have the same numbers of folders, files and that the size is the same
    [​IMG]

You have the latest keyscape update righ?
    Spectrasonics Keyscape Patch Library Update v1.3c

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  12. bldngblck

bldngblck Newbie

does anybody on mac have it working as a plugin and standalone, i.e. from our sister site?

13. Boka Tummtukoté

Boka Tummtukoté Newbie

I have the same problem, could you resolve yours since the last post?

14. LilCe

LilCe Newbie

always missing sound i chosen when I close project and reopen ( keyscape and omnisphere, trilian have not check ). when I check your location u show. Only have 49 items in there. Can you show me again about Steam folder items, etc... ( because your image u uploaded, it's died )

15. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

see attachment

Attached Files:

16. MonoR

MonoR Newbie

Keyscape works fine separately in FL Studio 20 but won’t load in Omnisphere.
    Any help, please?

17. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

How do you add Keyscape to Omnisphere

Put the keyscape folder in the steam folder inside spectrasonics folder that’s in program data. Inside that folder create one called ‘keyboards’ if its not there already. Take every individual file from all of the folders that came when you downloaded it and put them in that keyboards folder. Don’t drag the folders themselves just the files in it. Then open omnisphere and as long as it’s up to date (2.5 at least) you should be good.

www.reddit.com/r/trapproduction/comments/d679lh/how_do_you_add_keyscape_to_omnisphere_do_you_only/