?Parawave Audio Rapid? A New VSTI

Discussion in 'Software News' started by superliquidsunshine, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Searching for woman bass players to turn one of my daughter's best friends onto as she wants to become a bass player (Kim Gordon, Kim Deal, Esperanza Spaulding, etc, etc, etc) I ran across this soft synth that was not on my radar. It looks kind of interesting...just an excerpt of what it is all about...
    Super clean alias-free oscillators capable of playing high-quality wavetables and multi-samples. Each oscillator can generate up to 8 unison voices and apply several insert effects, like Phase Modulation, Phase Bending, Ring Modulation, Hard Sync and more.

Optimized for performance and load times you can use up to 8 layers, each with 3 oscillators, several possible modulations and multiple effect stacks. This allows you to build fat and complex sounds with only one instance.

Easily Drag & Drop modulation sources on any knob or slider. You can directly set the modulation depth in the main interface without bothersome switching to a hidden modulation page.

The real modulated value is directly previewed on the respective control, for a better understanding of what is happening in complex patches...etc, etc, etc.

There is a whole lot more to check out, this is a very DEEP instrument that takes a page from lots of different synths. https://parawave-audio.com/index.php?route=product/rapid

3. Menorah

Menorah Producer

I'm always trying new synthesizers, but for some reason I always end up using Omnisphere and Zebra. :dunno:

4. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Thanks for the tip. It looks extremely powerfull, a bit like synthmaster which I love but with more layers and better wavetables, I'll give the demo a try.

5. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

6. Yes you may!

Holy moly! This was only a month ago and I even participated in the discussion, but had when I saw the video and still have no memory of every seeing it before last night. I must have been having a pretty bad day,

Thanks Tulamide for the headslap to bring me to my senses. Maybe you can start to carry along some smelling salts in your pocket for when the need arises the next time. Ouch:mad:

7. notremid

notremid Producer

If I may go off-topic and chime in a few more female bass players can be added to to that list to look for inspiration (some are personal inspirations as a bass player myself) -Tal Wilkenfeld(Jeff Beck),Carol Kaye (most recorded female bass player), Suzi Quatro,Nikki Moninger,(SIlversun Pickups) Paz Lechantin (A Perfect Circle), Tina Weymouth (Talkign Heads), Nicole Firentino and D'arch Wretzky(The Smashing Pumpkins) , Debbie Googe (My Bloody Valentine) , Eva Gardner (Mars Volta), Melissa Auf Der Maur (Hole), Este Haim (HAIM), Patricia Morrison (The Sisters of Mercy), Lori Black (The Melvins) , Anna Sentina (session player), Marta Altesa (Youtube bass celebrity who performed with Jamiroquai). Whew that was loong.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Cool stuff, about A Perfect Circle having a female bass player. I only rarely listen to their stuff but it's always kind of an experience. Such a cool and unique style, and real poetic lyrics. Badass group.

The UI of this thing looks surprisingly good for being so busy. Fun looking synth.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  9. When Tal Wilkenfeld is jamming with a guitar player she helps make them play better than they ever have before, even when she is jamming with some dude named Jeff Beck.

This should be a non thread anyway as it is totally redundant, so why not let us make it about bass players who are woman!

10. angie

angie Producer

I saw hundreds concerts in my life but I saw only once a bass player breaking a string onstage. She was Ann Rupel of V-effect :woot:

11. Q. How can you tell a woman is playing bass on a record if you cannot see her actually playing?

A. You can't.

I am going to start a new thread to rejoice on this topic. Can I copy paste your posts over to the new one, @angie, @notremid ?

12. notremid

notremid Producer

By all means, please do! These bad-ass bass-playing women need more love from us all :wink:

13. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Check out Marta Altesa:

Shes awesome and chops for days. In fact, being that shes a big Jamiroquai fan, she had an opportunity to join them in their shows after the band saw her videos on youtube.

[​IMG]

14. Tomorrow