Parasite - The Disengaged.

Discussion in 'Music' started by Parasite-B, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Parasite-B

Parasite-B Platinum Record

So, here's a new track from my band. Listen to it, don't listen to it, love it, hate it, it's all good to me! Though to be fair I'd rather that you at least find it bearable. I know it's not to everyone's taste. Heavy industrial/digital metal, though I've been called out many times for calling our music "industrial". Enough chit-chat, here's the track.

The underlying theme for the track is how people these days seem to take "likes" on Facebook, YouTube, any social media platform, as a reaffirmation to existence, rather than their real-life friends acknowledge them, and be happy with that. Hope you enjoy.

Lyrics in the video description.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  3. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Got a Soundcloud link for more -Parasite- tracks, bro'?

4. Parasite-B

Hey, buddy! I do indeed. https://soundcloud.com/parasiteuk

Sadly the rest of the tracks aren't as up to scratch as the latest one. You'll see by the time stamps on each one. He had a huge break. Pretty much just getting back into it all, and learning, learning all the time!

5. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Excellent. I'll check out your back catalogue and, hey, talent is just like a fart, man. You can't keep it in forever. Sooner or later, somebody's gonna have to get a whiff of it. :thumbsup:

6. Parasite-B

Hahaha! Absolutely love your wording, dude! :rofl:Really hope you enjoy. One of my personal favourites is Footprints in the Snow. I'd love to do a song in that style of music again. We ventured into a fair few different things, as you'll hear. But man, as always, thank you for your support!:mates:

7. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record

it's a bit like Placebo meets Carcass lol ( or Obituary )
    what are your main influences ?
    it's good sh*t, man, you do live ?

good luck to this project.
    :headbang:

:bow:

8. Parasite-B

@black bounty really sorry I've not replied to you sooner! Went out for my mate's birthday, and only just recovered. Messy day/night. But thank you so much, man! I keep on being told that I sound like Brian Molko, but I don't hear it, but I do love Placebo! Only really started listening to them a few years ago though. My personal main influences are Coal Chamber, Pitchshifter, Deftones, Nine Inch Nails, American Head Charge, Mushroomhead.. There's a few more, but none that have made as big an impact on my life.

There are three of us in the band, and we all have very different music tastes and influences, but all have a common ground. My main thing is dark, heavy industrial.

Sadly we're not playing live at the moment. We're working towards that again though. Just need a few more tracks, then we'll take it from there. But thank you so much for the good luck! :headbang:

9. Swiss Made

Swiss Made Member

Really nice stuff. Reminds me of Killing Joke, Pendemonium era.

PS. when I saw your forum title "Parasite, the disengaged" on the sister site, I thought it was a thread about Foster911.

10. Parasite-B

@Swiss Made thank you very much for taking the time to listen and comment! Appreciate that so much! Sadly, I'm not familiar with Killing Joke. Something to look into, which is always good! But thank you!

Yo, I have to admit, I have no idea what the comment about Foster911 means. I'm not around enough to know many of the people that frequent this site... Definitely intrigued though! :rofl:

11. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record

if molko is not your influence, then it's just coincidence.
    keep going anyway, the more you work, the better you'll become, but yep, go live, there's definitively potential for this.

:bow:

12. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

Cool song. :metal:
    In my opinion, the mix of drums can be better , the kick and snare sound is not clear. volume of cymbals is low.
    Try replacing individual drum sounds if the tune of snare was low. But i believe it can be fixed by mix

13. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Sounds good! Reminds me of Acumen Nation :

14. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

@metaller highlights the very thing that made this track stand out for me. It is deliberately styled in the manner of a raw bleeding edge grindhouse movie.

For me (and possibly only me) the mix is totally pertinent to the song's purpose. It's not Motorhead, Metallica, Babymetal or Sabbath. It's the sonic equivalent of rat rod. If you don't get it right now, maybe the penny hasn't dropped yet. But it will.

[​IMG]

The good thing is, you just listened to something that was not Michael Jackson. Well done! Have another bat. They're tasty.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017