Panoramic “compressor”

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by nmkeraj, Jan 3, 2022.

1. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Try the ToneBoosters Equalizer v4. Current release in the wild is 4.4.9.Has a normal dynamic & expansion mode for each band including low shelf.

Another trick is creating a Dynamic Tilt EQ. This works differently dependent on the features of a given plugin.

2. s2137dd

s2137dd Newbie

Well, I'd directly modulate pan parameter with signal amplitude. Some daws have such facilities, Reaper and Ableton (albeit only suite with a max device can do it afaik) being two I'm sure of. Perhaps Bitwig can do that too?

3. Obineg

Obineg Platinum Record

i do things like that all the time, but not with plug-ins (well, or with custom plug-ins), and i am afraid it is not very nice to do it with normal VST plug-ins because you cant modulate their parameters with an audio signal.

he is right, those are probably the only plug-ins where you can have that kind of effect premade.

use with 2 channels, set output to "stereo", and put an MS encoder plug-in right before it - and you have exactly what has been asked for.

(of course with external key input it is even more fun)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. nmkeraj

nmkeraj Producer

This was just advertised
    https://www.effectgrid.com/guide
    It can split split the signal not just into lows, mids and highs, but also quiet, medium and loud dynamics.

5. nmkeraj

nmkeraj Producer

bx_panEQ - panoramic EQ