Panharmonium Mutating Spectral Resynthesizer

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by The Pirate, Mar 29, 2019.

1. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Rossum Electro-Music Software Architect Bob Bliss (who also, as it happens, fathered E-mu’s famed “EOS” Emulator Operating System) has created Panharmonium, a unique music and sound design tool that lets you analyze the spectral content of any audio signal and use that analysis to drive a bank of from 1 to 33 oscillators. http://www.rossum-electro.com/products/panharmonium/

rossum-panharmonium.jpg

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. virusg

virusg Rock Star

damn, if id build a modular system id build it from all those modules, very interesting !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Chack this one out

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Eurorack is the best thing that happened to music since...

Now that was really analogue. :wink:

6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

You should know by now that I'm mental about samplers. :) So speaking about samplers, this really caught my interest. I personally couldn't imagine an Eurorack without a proper sampler, because I'm so bored with saw/pulse/triangle/sine waveforms. I almost hate them. :rofl:

7. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

However, I would really like to see a variable sample rate module, that does the same thing like Akai S-950. It plays the sample at various sample rates, according to the notes, and then passes it through an analogue filter/amp. It sounds really good. Better than all these samplers that resample every note to 44.2 or 48kHz. Think about it. No aliasing! :wink: That's one of the reasons the old samplers like S-950 and Emulator II/III are so praised for.

Did I just hijack a thread? I'm really sorry guys. I really do hope you find this shit I posted interesting. I can't help myself. I'm so passionate about synthesis and samplers. Modulars are the shizz! :)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

You certainly did. :wink:I, however, just wished every hijacker on this Forum was as passionate and knowledgeable about music and gear as you are so am not complaining:no:. BTW, there are rumors that AKAI wants to bring on of those samplers back.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Thank you, @The Pirate! Same sentiments here. :)

It would be extremely awesome to see an analogue sampler like S-950 being remade, but with even better analogue filter capable of different slope and resonance. S-950 and earlier Akai samplers were essentially [kinda weak] analogue synths with digital, sampling oscillators. Now if they added wavetables/sample scanning capability... they would have a hit. Or re-synthesis. But that's a different beast as you know it. Additive synth/re-sampling engine with analogue path. Holy bananas! That would also be incredible to have. I would go berserk about both. :P

I currently own no samplers that can do low/high notes without introducing aliasing. Except TAL-Sampler VST. Yes, E-MU has aliasing, Akai does it, Yamaha and Roland does it. I think it sounds nice most of the time, despite the aliasing. :wink: I find it very appealing to pitch something up/down extremely. But it would sound even better without aliasing.

Shame no filtering can remove it. :(

Cheers! :headbang:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019