Painting and Dreams

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by ltjbukum, Sep 26, 2016.

1. ltjbukum

ltjbukum Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  3. SteveDuda'sBoyfriend

SteveDuda'sBoyfriend Noisemaker

Mixing could be a little better

4. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

It would only help him if you at least elaborated on what exactly should be mixed differently.

As far as I am concerned, I can't find anything that really made my ear bleed. The music itself is very chilling, too monotonous for me to listen to for a long time, but I know that's on purpose and just as any other song of the genre (What's it called? Chillstep?). It brings you down after a night out. In this regard, well done.

5. Impressive

Impressive Guest

I love this. It's great. I like the drums, especially. What did you use for the drums/FX? I'm trying to experiment with different sounds & am trying to get those "splashy" sfx in my drums. Those chillstep drums. :mates:

6. This is the first thing I heard as I woke up. It will set the tone for my day. Thanks for the listen.

Things are are a little rolled off the top and toward the end I started to have a little ear fatigue. Something maybe around 2 or 3k began to bother me. It is early and I might need to see it to pinpoint the frequencies. Nice chill. I liked how it just came upon me with no real intro. L

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2016
  7. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

liked the guitar... was it vst? if so which one.. :winker:

8. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Nice track! After seeing your SN I had to look for a DnB track in your collection :wink:

9. LV4-26

LV4-26 Guest

Nice and relaxing track.

10. LV4-26

LV4-26 Guest

Can you listening your tracks? We can also study your way to mix. :grooves:

11. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

Nice work man, luv that odd little contra melody that keeps poppin' out

12. foster911

foster911 Guest

Mixing is good but the overall composition is mediocre and uninspiring. After the first minute it's going to be boring.

Of course other people could judge its rich atmosphere better than me but it's just the 50% of the whole.:dunno:

13. SteveDuda'sBoyfriend

SteveDuda'sBoyfriend Noisemaker

SC the piano and eq it. It's bleeding into the track. Foster don't be mean.

14. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

@ltjbukum
    I visited your soundcloud and listened to a dozen of your tracks. Not that I wanted to, I already said, I'm open minded but chill just gets a bit monotonous over time for me. But I couldn't resist. After each song I asked myself, 'what will he come up with next'.

I don't talk at all about the technical side. I didn't care for mixing or mastering. I was blown away by the artist! You, Sir, are so talented. Gifted with the ability to build atmosphere. You are sculpting sound structures rather than composing a traditional song.

You got me when I was listening to "Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt", while working on some programming code. Suddenly I started to relax in a way that only a few musicians can make me relax. Another deep impact had "I bleed.", which is so holding back yet so strong.

But there are so many other songs that amazed me, like "Scarcity & Focus" or "Collapsing New Buildings".

To anyone reading this: If you are open for another kind of music experience, give him a try. Run his soundcloud while doing other things and be amazed later about the impact the music had on you.

Awesome, mate!

I raise my hat to you.:shalom:

15. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

16. foster911

foster911 Guest

Really amazing ones (special style I admire) but I think he still has the same problem I've had from the start. I mean remember this one?
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/audios...of-the-minimalism-in-electronic-genres.26834/

I call his ones: "styles" not "full tracks".:unsure:

Please listen to this one and compare them:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2016
  17. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

Why should I compare them? Do you consider music only as valid if it is on par with something you already know? I listen to music and I either like it or not. You don't like it, I do. That's common in the music world. Music will never satisfy everyone.

18. foster911

foster911 Guest

By comparison I did not mean that one has it all over the another. They're hellacious and zero cool but still can be better.

I'm not stacking up his ones against any standard (there's no one), not even saying they're half-baked, no. The problem is repetition that occasionally bothers me a lot that I'd like to get it off my chest. Most of them have that problem and I hope he could handle it.:wink: