Painful mapping of automation to parameters in FALCON

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by AstralDis, Dec 2, 2021.

1. AstralDis

AstralDis Kapellmeister

Dearest people... is there any trick to more quickly get parameters automated within UVI...

all I found out is that you have to rightclick every single parameter and assign to an automation number first before you can go automating in your session... That is really.. hmm... cumbersome... really really cumbersome.
    Why won*t they integrate at least a quick map button so I can go MAP and then click every control I wish to automate... .. instead this mess: Click Param - assign, click param - assign, click param -assign... :dunno:

Kontakt is the same for a lot of libraries, while some newer ones have the mapping integrated.
    It is all not that nerve crushing when there are only a few parameters, but in case of UVIs emulations, I would like access to ALL the knobs, just like on hardware.. and for this you have to map like an idiot at first^^

Please tell me if I am missing a shortcut to this or if I have to *live with it* hehehe

THX,
    AD69

3. garfinkle

garfinkle Platinum Record

Good question.

I notice that Orchestral Tools allow you to map your controller to one of its instruments in Kontakt and then send those parameters to ALL other OT instruments. Which is fucking brilliant.

If there was some way to do this across general parameters within Falcon that would be cool.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. dondada

dondada Rock Star

something like this?

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

https://support.uvi.net/hc/de/articles/360002133277-Automation-in-UVI-Workstation-English-

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  6. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

Host automation. Not Keymapping.

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Thanks @DanielFaraday for the hint!

Automation in UVI Workstation

Most parameters in UVI Workstation and Soundbanks can be automated within a DAW via Host Automation. Note that Host Automation offers more accurate control in comparison with MIDI CC which only allows for 128 steps whereas Host Automation allows for a multiple of this value.

Here are the steps to assign a parameter to host automation:

1. Right-click the parameter in UVI Workstation (or in the soundbank interface) that you want to automate.
    2. Once the 'MIDI/Automation Control' dialog appears, choose an empty automation slot from the Host Automation drop-down menu – the name of the assigned parameter may be displayed instead of the Automation ID. Otherwise, the numbered parameter name (such as “Host Automation 1”) will be displayed.
    [​IMG]

Note that some DAWs may require additional steps to be able to write/read automations on related tracks.

https://support.uvi.net/hc/de/articles/360002133277-Automation-in-UVI-Workstation-English-

8. AstralDis

AstralDis Kapellmeister

thanks y*all for answering.. well to sum up: it is not that bad, cause some of the banks use similar architecture. so you can map,save as preset for your DAW, then load a different bank and build upon that. still some differences which you may need to map, but once done you can recall it anytime for that bank.