Pacesupport in startupitems

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by signalflow, Oct 26, 2016.

1. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

I'm not sure what this is but can someone let me know if it'll be fine to delete this? Just ran etrecheck and it states it's not supported with Yosemite and beyond. Can anyone shed some light?

3. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

That's for iLok plugins, bud.
    I know Softube uses it among others.

4. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

Cool thanks for the reply but I don't have that software or anything the requires ilok that I can think of.

5. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Have you installed a warez version of something that uses ilok? Given that R2R and AudioUtopia mostly make custom installers for ilok stuff, it's hard for me to imagine they would have left that in there, but many ilok protected products check for ilok license manager and install it if it's not present on your system. If you're not using anything Ilok protected, I'm sure it's safe for you to get rid of it. If you want to truly be rid of all traces of it, you'll have to do some folder diving. I know Pace puts files practically everywhere on my system. Program files, common files, appdata, etc.

6. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

Gotcha. It's not causing any issues at the moment but I have a suspicion that it might have been from Protools (which I don't use anymore; strictly Live now)that I had on my old system awhile back which was migrated to my new Mac Pro. I'll just back my system up and delete it and see if it changes anything.

7. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Waves uses PACE too.

Ripped from their site:
    PACE’s products are used by an ever growing number of world-class software publishers around the world. Current and past PACE Customers include AbbeyRoad/EMI, Adobe, Antares Technology (Auto-Tune), Apple Computer, AudioEase, AVID/Digidesign, Brother International, Celemony, Corel, Cycling74, Dolby Laboratories, DTS, Inc., DxO Labs, EastWest Soundsonline, Electronic Arts, FontWorks Japan, Follett Corporation, Harman International/Lexicon, InstallShield Software, Korg, Line6, Massenburg DesignWorks, Mark of the Unicorn, McDowell Signal Processing, Morisawa and Company, Nemetchek America, Network Associates/Netscout, Nikon, Notionmusic, Philips, Sanyo, Softube, Sonic Solutions, Sonivox, Sonnox Plugins, SoundToys, Unity3D, US Cost, Verance, Waves, The Walt Disney Company, Write Brothers Inc, plus over 300 Pro Audio software companies.

And Walt Disney.

8. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

Wow that's quite a hand full of companies. I might just keep pacesupport in place just in case. It's not affecting my system at all anyhow.