PA Black Box Analog Design HG-2 big sale for 24h.

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Talmi, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Title says it all. 89$ instead of 249$ only until tomorrow.

I remember that a few fellow members from AS wanted to get this one next time it was on sale....I guess that time is now.
    It's a lovely saturation/distortion box, a great emulation to have, if you can ofc.

Here is the official announcement :

24 Hours Flash Sale
    #August 5
    [​IMG]

Buy Now - just $89!
    List Price: $249 - Save $160 now
    Fixed price - no vouchers accepted
    The perfect addition to your mastering rig!
    [​IMG]
    Dave Pensado

"The HG-2 hardware unit seduced its way onto all my mixes for the last couple years. Now the plugin is finding its way onto multiple tracks like guitars, synths, vocals, drums and the stereo buss."

[​IMG]
    Josh Newell
    (Linkin Park, Avril Lavigne, Anthrax, Puff Daddy)

"The HG-2's tonal controls are incredibly flexible and useful, giving you the ability to dial the saturation in to be exactly what you need."

Learn More:
    [​IMG]
    Black Box HG-2 Trailer

Hear Grammy-winning engineer Dave Pensado talk about why the HG-2 is going to be your mix buss’ new best friend.

[​IMG]
    Promotion ends August 5, 11:59pm (23:59) - California Time - PDT

Link to the product page :

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/...-73637957&mc_cid=2261932f89&mc_eid=b7df902634

I'm guessing our monthly vouchers will be in our mailbox after the sale ends...

3. Ballz

Ballz Producer

It really is a great plugin. I've seen a ton of requests for it...You can have legit and pirated Plugin Alliance on the same computer. Just install your license for legit on a usb stick and the illegitimate ones on computer or vice versa.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. PopstarKiller

PopstarKiller Platinum Record

Is there a plugin that Dave Pensado can't be paid to praise?

5. Raddler777

Raddler777 Guest

I've heard amazing things about it, but I was holding out for the vertigo VSM-3. How do they compare?

6. Ballz

Ballz Producer

LOL, but it is actually a good plugin. I own it and use it a lot.

7. Raddler777

Raddler777 Guest

I can't take these guys seriously either, I don't care how good an engineer Pensado is. Total paid bias. Kinda sickening tbh.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2018
  8. Ballz

Ballz Producer

Download the demos man, you get them for 14 days fully functional...Just make sure to save the demo license to usb stick if you have cracked PA plugins. I think there is a cracked version of VSM-3 btw(Plugin Alliance - All Bundle v3.1 R2R)... Blackbox on the other hand hasn't been cracked.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

good call... still $89 for ONE plug...better to evaluate, or wait for next time... and 24 hours or less
    if they did the $49 price as they did for delay 2500 would be a little easier to just take a chance on it..

then just for grins.. here is a review of the real deal.. and you can get it
    for the low low (used) price of only $2,600 :bleh:

be willing to bet Pensado has one laying around somewhere..and when he's doing
    his thing.. which one does he reach for ?

10. Raddler777

Raddler777 Guest

I have demoe'd both . I want different opinions. Sometimes I get too lost in these saturation plugins.

11. Tod Slaughter

Tod Slaughter Ultrasonic

What do you want from a saturation plugin? I have both and there's very little overlap between them.

12. Raddler777

Raddler777 Guest

I'm not sure, but I have about 13 hours to figure it out.

13. saltwater

saltwater Guest

Best Answer
    this box is magic

14. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Honestly I have both and they are both amazing virtual boxes. They are very different in term of sound so it's worthy to have both, Vertigo is a fet crusher/zener blender disto/sat unit while HG2 is a tube processor. Depending on what you do both can be handy. Vertigo is "crispier" in the sense that you can really trash your sound with it, distort it really hard, also offers a bit more options, black box can be very smooth (you can also drive it hard, but it's tube distortion it won't be as harsh as the vertigo) and creamy, sounds usually come out much louder even at equivalent peak level.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. Raddler777

Raddler777 Guest

very helpful description. Thank you

16. Raddler777

Raddler777 Guest

Not sure I'm sold on the more smooth tone of the HG-2. I can get it to bite more but it sounds forced and overworked, almost fuzzy as opposed to gritty. The VSM-3 does the grit naturally with ease and doesn't break down the sound like some sort of digital clipping. Like Talmi said, the HG-2 is probably better for tube saturation, more warm and creamy.

17. Herr Tony

Herr Tony Producer

thx I was looking to try this for some time.

18. Ballz

Ballz Producer

The air knob on the HG-2 is so good for adding highs without it sounding like shit. There is definitely more control of which and how much harmonics you want to add with the VSM-3. Both plugins add odd and even order harmonics though. Which one you use really depends on what you're trying to accomplish with the sound you're working with...I have both plugins btw and I probably use the HG-2 more but I'm still learning to used the VSM-3 tbh