Ozone 7 "missing plugin" in S1

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by TentacoloViola, Oct 20, 2021.

1. TentacoloViola

TentacoloViola Noisemaker

Hi! I tried to open a old project, made on a different windows installation. This project used Ozone 7, which is currently installed in the same path as the other windows installation, but S1 refuses to load it ("missing plugin"). Is there a way to fix this or at least a way to get the Ozone preset used from the .song file and load it in a fresh Ozone instance? If I try doing this, S1 actually says that the fxb/fxp is not an Ozone 7 preset :(

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Which plug-in is missing? Actually you have to install the missing ones. Can you make s screenshot?

You can also get used to always saving the presets within the plug-in as "FXP" (Example: MyFX1.FXP)

FXP = Presets (Singles)
    FXB = Banks (Soundbanks)

4. TentacoloViola

S1 says Ozone 7 is missing, but is actually correctly installed

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hello @TentacoloViola, theoretically you only have to install the version of Ozone 7 that you had to save in the project.
    Theoretically !!!

Since Studio One and Ozone were constantly updating, this can no longer be understood. One is user errors and the other is programming errors. Looks like you have to reset the Ozone 7 plugin. So you have a data loss ...! Are you only missing Ozone 7, is that bad to reset everything?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  6. TentacoloViola

it's strange because it's the SAME version of Ozone i've been using for ages... the dll version is the same and the installation path too :(

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Can you take a screenshot of the file you wanted to load. Or write the correct name of the file, please with the ending?
    We want to find out how to save your presets.
    You should "export" your presets as shown in the picture, then you can "import" them again.

[​IMG]

8. TentacoloViola

The .song file (S1 projects) is a zip file with lots of stuff in, included the .fxb for each plugin.
    I've extracted the Ozone FXB, but after getting the "plugin missing" message, if I open a new Ozone instance and import that FXB i get the error "this is not a Ozone preset"

9. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Please always save as' .FXP (preset file). FXB are sound banks if, for example, you are making a sound bank, so many presets then make up a sound bank. You should always save your presets twice. So once in the plugin itself, and then export "VST 3 Preset" with Studio One 2, as in the picture before. Then you can call up your settings again at any time with "Import preset."

Create a folder with, for example, "" My FX Presets 2021 ", where you save your presets using" Export VST3 Preset ". In the event of a crash or a new version, you can always restore your settings with the" Import "function.

Steinberg Cubase VST introduced two file formats for storing presets: an FXP file stores a single preset, while an FXB file stores a number of presets. These formats have since been adopted by many other VST hosts, although Cubase itself was converted to a new system of preset management with Cubase 4.0. Many VST plugins have their own method of loading and saving presets that do not necessarily use the standard FXP / FXB formats.