Owned Cubase 12 Pro for 4 months; plugs in grayed out [solved]

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Illidril, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Illidril

Illidril Newbie

Hi Everyone;

Sorry if this is a duplicate. I did try to search for this but there are just pages and pages to go through and being a newb to DAWs, I don't know all the terminology to do a good search. Hopefully, that's ok and someone can help. I attached a picture. I bought Cubase about 4-5 months ago. I did not perform any updates (maybe it happened automatically?); but I no longer can use any of the VST loops and samples, effects, etc. They are all grayed out now. Thanks for any advice or help you can give. again sorry if this is a repeat message.

Attached Files:

3. Diamz

Diamz Member

Not sure I understand your post, as you have the synth bass category (plus two sub categories) selected in the Flux sound library. If I am to do the same in my purchased version of Cubase, I get the same results. You must first navigate to the parent folder using the yellow back arrow highlighted in your image. After doing so, the other sub category instrument tags and sounds should become available.

Hope that helps.

4. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Best Answer
    What you see are not the actual Plugins but sounds or presets or MiDI ... in the lower window that you can choose from.

In This case you made the browser to find all content for the HalionSE Flux instrument (plugin) for "SynthBass" that is "bright" and "cold"
    The only file that meets all the criteria is "Harmonic Weel".

Double click on it! (Red Arrow)

The more criteria you define, the less files are found in the browser matching those criteria. Criteria, for wich there is no file found are greyed out. Thats normal behaviour.

If you want to have no criteria chosen, click on "Reset Attribute filter" button (Green Arrow), or klick on the several highlighted criteria one by one to switch them off.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List

Attached Files:

• 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      50.2 KB
      Views:
  5. Illidril

Illidril Newbie