Overused old voice sample can't be found anywhere. HELP please!

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by mild pump milk, May 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kennyg

kennyg Noisemaker

Best Answer
    I don´t know the original source, but it can be found on AMG Global Trance Mission 1 (via www.samples-now.com , AMG libraries are rather difficult to find at any other sources...).

2. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

If all these people used it around mid-late 90s and is still being used, it's probably taken from some old samples cd. But something way more obscure than stuff like Zero-G's and Masterbits

--nvm didn't read guy above me lol

3. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

4. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Thanks a lot.
    I will try this to use.
    Used rx for Asia 2001, and almost fully restored this, but it is better to use this for my interlude theme.

Btw, what it is from? This question kills me.)) who is narrator? Year of recording? Or what is it? And does the original full version exist? Fck, where did you get this?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  5. mild pump milk

Thanks all, guys, who found time in search of this sample! Thanks for your interest in help.

Big special thanks goes to aymat.

6. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Actually you should thank @kennyg . I still have a bunch of old AMG libraries on disc including the one he mentioned, so I just pulled it from there :)

7. mild pump milk

Great thanks, kennyg. Aymat found it there. If not you and aymat, I used restored one from Asia 2001. I will upload restored one here.

8. mild pump milk

Why there's no option to choose two Best Answers for both guys?)

9. mild pump milk

I have read somewhere, this AMG Global Trance Mission is an old library with a lot of sounds converted from AKAI. Probably nobody knows the original source of this sample (tv show, or film, or radio show or whatever else), mightbe used from old sample libraries or from AKAI, when it was very popular before "PC with HDD gigabytes/terabytes and software sampler plugins era". Same length, same sound. Probably, this was just popular and obvious like a first factory preset of Sylenth1, same with those sample libraries and samplers with standard factory presets. AKAI, fairlight, e-mu,... Enigma's shakuhachi flute... First I supposed this sample from there or so, but ignored.. Because thought there were only sampled instruments, simple phrases, effect sounds... But yes, voice samples seems to be there too
    Huh.
    I looked through hundreds of video on YouTube and read comments everywhere I could...months were spent... It killed my time...But audiosex guys helped me...just a couple of days and I get this shit sample. Thanks. Audiosex is the best place. Loves and hugs. P.s. I am not a gay :D

10. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

we're just so very lucky to have such accomplished hoarders ** cough cough ** ahhmmm producers here! :bleh:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Haha I was surprised I still had it... nothing like looking through old cds and hoping they still load up on your laptop :rofl:

I used to love all those old sample libraries. AMG, E-Lab, Soundscan... those where my favorites. I even remember the first sample disc I ever bought at Guitar Center back in 98... took it home and couldn't even get the thing to load up on my computer because it was in AKAI format haha. Oddly enough, it played on a regular cd player so I just hooked it up to my sampler and recorded them that way. Kids these days dont even know how good they have it!:guru:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

which brings me to the question that remains in my mind... just what the hell kind of hardware did those AKAI discs open on ??

or was this just AKAI's way of saying thanks by driving people batshit crazy for buying their products... :dunno:

13. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

14. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

silly me.. now let me see if I can find one of them muthers... :no:

15. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Yeah, that was so frustrating. Especially for someone just starting out and trying to make sense of it all.

Back then there werent a lot of resources for people to look for answers either. You couldn't just jump on Google and look for info. Software wasnt as accessible as it is now so if you were making music, more than likely you were doing it on hardware sampler. And there where basically two factions, AKAI / EMU dudes and those who couldnt afford either lol. The ones that couldn't, like me, ended up buying alternatives from Roland or Yamaha.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. mild pump milk

http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/lwhnBqzO/file.html

This what I have done weeks ago. Just an interlude theme for my EP.
    The voice has been cut and restored from Asia2001, using RX (manual sonogram editing), plugins (chorus, delays, reverbs, eqs, and some others).
    So, in archive Asia2001 and my demo with voice restored from Asia 2001. Nothing from Asia2001 you will hear in my demo (pads, trancegates/sequences, voice's original background sines), so everything has been accurately removed.

17. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Nice work, milk!

18. mild pump milk

Thanks. It is just one of the the rendered version, work in progress. This theme is simple, but the main part and ending is superb, piano chords, synths, detuned sines, vintage space fx etc. More soon. It is just a simple cosmic ambient interlude for my first solo project ep, which will be edm.

Btw, I restored original dialogue from background synths and replaced (earlier there was a restored from Asia 2001, as posted above). But not so much changed. Just a bit cleaner and closer voice, and more lows in voice. Also first version with Asia2001 is more reverbic, which is harder to reduce. So, original biosphere wav is better anyway. Beyond any reasonable doubt.

19. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

I know this is quite an old thread, and I have no conclusive information, but there is another similar sample on AMG - Global Trance which deals with related subject matter, so I'm guessing it was recorded from the same program. Part of this other sample is "Gaia is the earth seen as a single physiological system".

Given that there is background music in both of these samples, and that this same AMG disc sampled the film Them!, I think it is safe to assume these samples were lifted from somewhere and not created exclusively for the sample CD. That means they exist from previous material.

Also, back to the James Lovelock thing, Gaia did not become a mainstream concept until 1979. So any TV, film, radio, book-on-tape which these samples could have come from must be between about 1980 and the release of the sample CD in 1993 or so. That narrows it down to about a 13 year window.

The voice of the Gaia sample is not the same as the biosphere sample. Taking another guess, it seems as if the narrator of the program is responsible for the biosphere segment, and another scientist (climate researcher?) is responsible for the Gaia segment. Whoever it is has a an accent which is Scottish or similar. Maybe someone intimately familiar with dialects could pinpoint it. While Lovelock is from the UK, he has a more "posh" accent, so I don't believe it is him reading his own material.

Nova: Goddess of the Earth - Gaia from 1986?

Interesting mystery.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  20. Scorpio16

Scorpio16 Newbie

That's funny, i am doing a search for the same phrase,and found this page. Mine is on my album from the band Balance of Power from there 1st release in 1997. They use this phrase to start out a track 6 a song called Balance of Power!! I've been trying to figure it out for years. It sounds so familiar to me, like it was from a sci-fi show i've seen over the years. But i just can't remember exactly what it was from for sure. Another person noticed as well it was in these time frames that it was used ,just like mine in 1997 on there 1st album. It's for sure not Serling. I don't believe Nimoy either. I almost want to think it's maybe from a Gene Roddenberry pilot tv show/Movie..Ugh...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021