Overpopulation: The Making of a Myth

Discussion in 'Education' started by Heisenberg, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Heisenberg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZVOU5bfHrM

3. stensax

stensax Newbie

There is more space and room for people, but at what cost?
    Species going extinct, global warming, less and less forest, dying oceans. The list is endless.

4. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

I didnt even watch the video but if its trying to imply that overpopulation is a myth then its wrong.

5. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Heisenberg

You need to check my posts in the last 24 hours.
    The picture you have (maby it's your signature) is maby what you represent.

You didnt watch the video. Well, then i didnt see your comment.

6. stensax

stensax Newbie

@Heisenberg
    I think the maker of the video have a wrong perpective. It is not a matter of how many people can fit in an area. You can fit tens of thousands of people on a arena. But can we get food to everyone? Can the forest produce enough oxygene for every living creature on the planet? for every burning car engine, for every machine? Is there enough drinking water for everyone? More people means that more food needs to be produced. I think you are delusional if you don't see what's happening to the world. So it is a matter of definition. Is the world overpopulated? YES it definitely is! Can more people fit on the surface of the earth, yes they can.
    And it's not relevant to compare now with 1978. i cannot see how he can use that argument.

i think this is similarly to the people who don't believe in the global warming.

7. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Heisenberg

Tell me, where did it go wrong?
    You come up with stuff like "global warming" then tell me... how long does humanity exist?
    If you think i'm "delusional", then please give me some hard evidence about your conclusions.

I know who i am, but do you know who you are? :)

8. HebrewInTheRain

HebrewInTheRain Noisemaker

I know who I am. And no your not delusional, you just have an opinion. Your opinions matter, just not to me. If everyone in the world were the same and believed the same, we would be FKed. Stand up for what you believe in! :D

9. stensax

stensax Newbie

If you do some research about the organization that made the video you will find that they are catholics. And thats where it went wrong. They are against abortion and contraceptives. I cannot take a organization based on religion and not on science serious. And they seems to care only about humans, not about nature.

Maybe forever maybe not so long. depends on what we do, obviously.

Do you read anything about science? Did you go to school? Do you know what pollution is, and that humans do that? That humans destroys nature? You don't se that?
    More people means that more resources are needed.
    The easter island is a very good example on what happens to nature if people just use up all the resources. Now there are almost no animals and trees left.

Are we talking philosophy now? :)
    I don't see how this have to do with anything. And what is knowing your self? I don't get that :)

Maybe you should quit smoking so much weed? just kidding ;)

10. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Heisenberg

11. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Heisenberg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZktsozLV-LY