OUTPUT Presents: SUBSTANCE - Powerful Bass Engine

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Xyenz Fyxion, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion Producer

[​IMG]

POWERFUL BASS ENGINE

A COMPLETELY NEW BREED OF BASS

Substance is a deeply produced bass engine combining heavily processed electric and acoustic basses, full live brass sections, huge polysynths, the dirtiest analog synths, insane sound design and much more into single patches. The focus is not realistic emulation, it’s about creating new & powerful sounds that push the boundaries of bass.

A MASSIVE ENGINE FOR BIG BOTTOM

Output’s most powerful engine takes 3 layers of sound sources and blends them with FX, filters, and modulation – along with an advanced arpeggiator, flux control, and front page macros in each and every preset. A clean preset browser means more time playing and less time clicking.

What you get

• A playable instrument with 300 presets

• Powerful new 3-layer engine

• Preset menu with smart tagging

• Layer FX and global FX

• 4 central macro sliders unique to each preset

• Monophonic & Legato modes per layer

• Rhythm page that syncs to tempo

• Advanced arpeggiator

• Complete effects control

• Built-in help menu

“Substance is just ENORMOUS! It has what I’ve grown to appreciate about Output – inspiring sound design you can transform easily for your own needs.”

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

POWERFUL BASS ENGINE

$199

DON’T LOVE IT? RETURN IT.

14 day guarantee on all full products and bundles.

If you are unhappy for any reason after installing, registering and using the product, we will issue a full refund within 14 days of your purchase. Individual expansion packs excluded.

Details…

----
    System Requirements
    – SUBSTANCE runs in Kontakt or Free Kontakt player version 5.5.1 or higher

– Mac OS X 10.9, 10.10 or 10.11

– Windows 7 or higher

– At least 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended), and 10 GB of free drive space

– Access to a stable internet connection for digital delivery

1. output.com | SUBSTANCE | EXHALE | SIGNAL | REV

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

199$ for some samples working with Kontakt,that's very expensive. Ok the design of the wallpaper is nice,ok,maybe some sounds are nice but it's not a synthesizer.Nothing really new in fact.I would prefer a real synthesizer.
    The prices of Output products are too abusive.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • List
  4. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

That's pretty cool. I have no interest in a bass library, but still... good for Output.

5. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

Making use of Kontakt is the easy way out IMHO
    Just make some samples, say you made "a new powerful engine for deep sounds and for that vintage feeling!" and put it together and BAM you have a no-synth :dunno:

Also I just checked their page and some of their trailers are pathetic. I wanted to know more about Exhale and their "Watch Intro" video was just some random dudes talking about how "fu**ing cool!!" it was and shaking hands. WTF? Two minutes of dudes moving a mouse, let me watch the fucking plugin. What is this intro supposed to tell you? That some random dudes were paid to say "hey cool plugin"? Whatever I had a bad day

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

Clearly the demos deter viewers into thinking it's an independent plugin until you read the print that it runs in Kontakt, and is thus another sample library.

7. popeye

popeye Kapellmeister

Yeah....like Keyscape from Spectrasonics

8. m9cao

m9cao Producer

It doesn't matter it's sampled instrument and the price, but the huge pc resource cost

9. phenomboy

phenomboy Producer

To be Keyscape in Omnisphere's engine will give you sample mangling/resynthesis possibilities your average Kontakt user won't get out of this

10. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

not as "thrilled" about this as other OUTPUT releases, but although a bit pricey etc, IMHO they have A quality libraries in the past...

11. Pollice verso

Pollice verso Rock Star

Love at first sight;-)))))

12. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

What incentive do developers have to make awesome products when they know that eventually it will get put up on the net for everyone to download for free?

13. DKB

DKB Producer

I have to disagree with most of you I've got substance today and I'm totally into this library . I know it will be down to everyone's taste but for me there's plenty of aggressive bass sounds in it and there very tweakable . I'm very impressed with it . I'm happy with all the output products except exhale but even that's still usable . To be honest the video doesn't do the library justice .

14. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

This thing is truly amazing. Nice warm sounds and filtering and fx are amazing. Well worth the price and their best output library by far. Only drawback is the lack of synthesis editing. Personally with bass sounds I could careless about sound design and just go for good presets. If you're looking great bass and low end synth presets, this would work for you. If you're trying to design sounds, I'd go with Serum.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

This thing is incredible. Friend of mine bought it today as well. I'm listening and very pleased.

16. yabiss

yabiss Platinum Record

Output represents IMHO what is lacking from a lot of other devs. Innovation.

I own all their librairies despite the fact i know they'll be released soon. They sound great and are INSPIRING. That's what i like about Omnisphere and that's what i find in Output "Synths/Librairies" as well
    I don't care if it's based on Kontakt, Sampletank, Standalone or anything else. I just listen and feel if i need it in my toolbox. If no, i pass, if yes i buy it no matter what. Simple as that.

And the price was 120 $ for me as i've bought all of their products. Much more interesting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

They don't make a product for people who want to get it for free.Fortunately some people buy their prodocts,if not we wouldn't have any plugin/daw/sample editors in this world.
    We have to buy the products we love for their survival.{but some developers are so too expensive,the price is not everytime justified}

But I don't think Output products are awesome,although some sounds are nice.I tried Signal and it crashed my Kontakt too frequently,like not any other library I have.

Maybe some people think Spectrasoncics is just sample based,but they have the worth to make their own plugin,which works very well with top quality sound.For me Spectrasonics is one of the best developers in this world,far befor Output.

18. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Let me laughing,is that a joke??? What is innovative with that?

Just an other Kontakt library,like around a hundred,nothing more!

19. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

Powerful Bass Engine = Powered By Kontakt.. the same power Kontakt had yesterday.

The gimmick is instead of releasing these libraries as raw samples to map.. the GUIs make people act like they are plugins with their own drivers. The GUIs sway people into doing more mixing tasks directly within Kontakt than they ought to be. There's too many dedicated fx plugins that are better at handling the same tasks.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  20. yabiss

yabiss Platinum Record

So all those who agree with me and buy these synths are wrong and obviously deaf? Interesting... I won't even comment on that.
    Output sounds different, look different and offer a different UI, is easy on the eye and is inspiring. Only that is innovative to me. Their engine is fun to use and presets easy to modify. I like that too.
    Funny enough that Output sells so much, so much more than the others actually. But then again, you hold the truth and i'm wrong right?

PS :"Let me laugh" is the correct form

21. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

There is no engine, and it is no synth. That's where you've got it twisted. The point people are making is $200 is steep for a sample pack(that's what it is).. the hell with the UI. Even cheap hardware synths at that same price are a far more sensible option.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List