Output Arcade vs Little Snitch

Discussion in 'Software' started by Davey Jones, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

I have my DAW blocking all outgoing and incoming calls with Little Snitch. However, I have Output Arcade and want it online. How do I set that permission to let my DAW allow Arcade to go online?

I'm aware it can go offline, but only up to 30 days. Thanks for any and every reply. Be safe out there.

3. vuuru_keg

vuuru_keg Platinum Record

when you block your DAW you can click the little arrow near it and youll see all the connections that were made in it, there, you can make an exception and allow only one thing from there

4. AMERICUH

AMERICUH Kapellmeister

Don't do that if you have any cracked Plugins or a cracked DAW.
    I also wanted to have Arcade so badly and never had any problems with any timebombs because I was ALWAYS offline while working in my DAW. I blocked all in's and out's except for Arcade, and time after time many plugins stopped working, like FabFilter, Avenger and many more.

What I'm trying to say is, even if you block all the stuff many VST's / AU whatever will still make their way to call home or connect to authentication servers. Even with Little Snitch or Glasswire, ZoneAlarm etc.

All these years I was soooo careful and then this cloud stuff was released which forces you to make music online and after I had to reinstall nearly my whole system ..

Just my 2 cents here .. :)

5. groove

groove Kapellmeister

I have Little snitch with thé Last Catalina .. since 5 years i Never have a problem with software and i am always online with ableton.. some vst authorising online with légit ilok and elicenser and another side cracked soft and legit One.. if you make things carefully you don’t have problem even online..

6. AMERICUH

AMERICUH Kapellmeister

It's like gambling in my opinion. You never can be 100% sure.

7. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Using Little Snitch for 10+ years. Just bought an upgrade Serial for version 4, since 3 is not compatible with Catalina. BTW: The LS version on the sister site turns to unregistered and disables the network protection after a few hours. Don't use that.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. groove

groove Kapellmeister

it's not gambling I'm sure because all plugin work as they should.... I have legit little snitch not cracked one.... but I'm sure I have native instrument cracked and legit ( Maschine & battery) I'm connect with native access normally for cracked other soft of native ... I have hundred of ilok legit software + uad + licenser ... tone2 and u-he cracked and connected always .. so yes I know... and all are working...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

@groove Crazy how @AMERICUH obviously thinks your statement is a lie, as they've put a Disagree on it! haha.

10. groove

groove Kapellmeister

yes but I don't like man talking things and doesn't know it... and it's often the case here ... so I upload picture just to show him that's possible .....
    Capture d’écran 2020-04-30 à 06.59.12.jpg Capture d’écran 2020-04-30 à 07.04.44.jpg Capture d’écran 2020-04-30 à 07.06.54.jpg Capture d’écran 2020-04-30 à 07.09.13.jpg

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. groove

groove Kapellmeister

That's it:bleh::disco::wink:

12. vanhaze

vanhaze Platinum Record

FWIW:

Using legit LS version 4 on Catalina 10.15.4
    Many legit plugins installed but also some "unofficial stuff", like NI Maschine.
    All working like a charm, never ever had any problem with the crkd ones which need internet.

13. AMERICUH

AMERICUH Kapellmeister

Haha, why should I think that? If someone dislikes my post, I will dislike the following post aswell. Simple as it is.
    Maybe I just was unlucky, I just remember that there is a Thread with a discussion about which FabFilter Release stable works, and me and someone else where the only ones who had never a a timebomb on the latest release from the sister site because we only work offline.

Instead of showing off a screenshot with tons of plugins you could help OT (@Davey Jones ) with setting up his Little Snitch to run Arcade, because that's the reason why we got this discussion here .. how about that?

14. groove

groove Kapellmeister

Yes for sure Arcade or anything else work the same .. for me I use loop cloud it's the same spirit for using... so first in my opinion if you want to use cracked software you must pay for tool very important for your system like little snitch.... and in general don't use cracked software like firewall antivirus... you must trust the system you use to every day....
    for little snitch (legit) put the rules on demand and don't ban to all your daw on the first rule you see.... you deny only cracked soft and agree with legit and like that you can be on line without problem....

15. Smoove Grooves

He didn't. He 'Disagreed", because he knows what you are saying was not correct. There's a difference.
    Which makes your spiteful rating even more redundant! Plus you can't logically Disagree with a true statement. My gosh, I'm glad not everyone 'thinks' like you do!

16. AMERICUH

AMERICUH Kapellmeister

Yup, I think that was my fault, I used a cracked Version of Little Snitch ..

17. AMERICUH

AMERICUH Kapellmeister

Dude, what the hell are you talking about?
    What I said in my original posting was that if you are completely OFFLINE it is always is MORE safe to use cracked Software, then to be Online with additional tools like Little Snitch to block in/outs etc.

If you deny this statement YOU'RE postings are totally redundant.

There are tons of people in this forum who mentioned this 1000x times combined with all kinds of software due to the sister site TO BE BETTER STAY OFFLINE when using Warez and don't tell me that this makes no sense.

18. Smoove Grooves

Try re-reading it! It's easy. I recommend not lowering yourself to rate out of spite. It's just nonsensical.
    Dude, it wasn't me that 'Disagreed' with your comment! I was just explaining why he did that.
    So, you getting like this with me makes no sense.
    Btw, it's "your", not "you're". That means "you are".

19. AMERICUH

AMERICUH Kapellmeister

Yup, it really makes no sense. I made some bad experience with beeing online while producing, others did not.
    2 different opinions.

Oh .. btw. I'm only one person so they've (they have) is absolutely nonsense + the wrong tense + wrong verb ... so please stop this bs here :wink:

I'm out. :bow:

20. kitvonk

kitvonk Guest

but it's changed. the whole game. and if you're tired of sweating your balls, then take advantage of the smart deals. some you don't have to pay right now anyway. like pluginalliance (30 days fully working free - then subscribe for reasonable price) or meldaproduction (3 months free subscribe - but hurry ending today soon in a few hours) - with ilok taking over, ever notice that the stuff everyone wants is not on sister site/available because of ilok/cloud... all the good stuff... and all the same posts over again... thru the years... oh, my sylenth stopped working... what's the latest FL studio... guys, no offense, but if you're serious about your music, do some homework and maybe save yourself the pain by putting some money where your mouth is. you get support from these developers as a paying customer. there are often discounts. plugin boutique is a good place to look. Remember the motto. "It's an alternative solution"

21. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

when paranoïd monkeys are trying to block internet, the other one's smille.