Out of Meds, Wish me luck!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Stryves, Mar 25, 2020.

1. tun

tun Rock Star

awesome news man! <3
    i hope it keeps going well for you. hopefully you can find enough to wean yourself off!
    is postage running okay there?

2. Stryves

Stryves Platinum Record

Off meds is a very long story. Maybe I'll actually write a book lol. Postage is running locally, international is delayed. Meds come next week, so I'll just keep my mouth shut online mostly for a week. Sometimes that happens, hard to tell what decision we go with next. ;)

3. Stryves

Stryves Platinum Record

God I spent like $400 on that drywall, insulation and acoustic panels. I should do a before and after lol, I've got no choice, can't replace em till late April due to stock / delivery and I've got some major projects to complete lol.

4. Stryves

Stryves Platinum Record

Ok, day 2 update. I've got a series of notes I can't replicate.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  5. Stryves

Stryves Platinum Record

/

6. tun

tun Rock Star

ah we dont mind what you say. i think we are all thick skinned here :)
    i hope you can get enough to keep you going. these are tough times to be dealing with mental issues. stay strong brother!

7. tun

tun Rock Star

in your head?
    if you can upload a recording of you humming then we can probably help :wink:

8. Stryves

Stryves Platinum Record

I'll stop posting tonight. Bad night, I'm building a midi sequencer for something off the rails... We'll see how it works first.

9. Stryves

Stryves Platinum Record

Day 3, thought it was day 2. I'm completely off the rails. I think I'm dying...

Plus side I finished building the recording area. I hit 76 decibels average and 112 max testing vocals. My wife couldn't hear me on the 2nd floor where the kids sleep... So I'll just focus on that.

Midi sequencer is still in the works, we'll see. Might disappear for 4 days till I get my refill (estimated). If longer, I was right about dying. Cheers!

10. OraMorph

OraMorph Ultrasonic

You most definitely have cannabinoid receptors in your brain like every other human and you'll most definitely end up unable to move after i administer your dose.

You might have smoked shitty gear, or not enough, and been situated in a shitty atmosphere, but dont give up :)

The heart palpitations you mention is just you having a panic attack because you feel out of control and powerless, and it jerks you into panic mode like lifting a fish out of the water and into the air.

Chill out and go with the flow, its all yin/yang. i think that's where all your mental health problems are stemming from too.

You dont need meds unless its something real and severe ie you're on lithium drooling and lying there like a vegetable:woot:

Your just creating anxiety and wearing yourself down, check and see if your kids will learn to act the same

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  11. tun

tun Rock Star

keep yourself busy. sounds like youve got enough projects to keep that up already though!
    looking forward to hearing from you in a few days when you come back. we need to outcomes over here so we will be waiting :)

12. tun

tun Rock Star

its not that simple. that feeling that you and me find so relaxing and theraputic does not always have the same context for others.
    if weed made me feel even slighly shitty i would not smoke it, where is the sense in forcing it? the point of it is to enjoy it. if a person is not enjoying it then it doesnt matter why, it just matters that they dont enjoy it.
    some people dont enjoy it. i find it hard to believe too! :chilling:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  13. OraMorph

OraMorph Ultrasonic

No one enjoys something they dont feel comfortable with. SO GET COMFY :yes:

Same reason why people grow up and become "adults" who only eat a few foods, ie chicken nuggets.. because they never tried much of anything and haven't developed appreciation.

Because fear drives everyone and most people dont go deep enough to find out what its really about, this is pretty much the same story across all of life's progress bar

14. tun

tun Rock Star

a friend of mine doesnt like smoking weed even around the same people and in the same environment that he would happily do acid, mushies, mandy, etc he just doesnt like weed. thats even after years of smoking weed/hash/etc and not having a problem with it.
    he is comfortable in those environments enough to do those other things so weed should not be a problem.

that said, there is probably some hidden thing deep down that he either doesnt really remember or is not talking about that causes him to feel that way, but thats fine. it is not a necessity in life to smoke weed.

15. dtmd

dtmd Platinum Record

Some peeps can't go near food they are allergic to? Anaphylaxis is prolly not something to get comfy and gradually developed appreciation. For most peeps, mild or no food allergy guarantee totally different mindset toward "forbidden food." No such thing as "forbidden food."

The same goes for d-9-tetrahidrokanabinol. Few or many hits resulting pleasant experience, and then one, bam - full blown psychotic episode (hospitalised and heavily medicated with intravenous antipsychotics) that can last few hours, days, weeks... Something real and severe. Prolly not something to get comfy and gradually developed appreciation.

Keeping that - drooling and lying there like a vegetable - illuminating experience in mind, as not potential but probable lucky one, to inhale psychosis instead of pleasantness, can make one more critical when healthy blunt is passed by?

Generalisations are ok and often needed; but sometimes they're nothing but narrowmindedness in lack of broader picture. Covid-19 is risk only for people with underlying health problems. Well, not really. It's not that (generalisation) simple.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Cube Sixty-Three

Cube Sixty-Three Kapellmeister

Will a free copy of Soothe 2 make you feel better?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. I've been self medicating since 1990. Then after 20 years, prescription meds. Xanax and anti depressants. I got off Xanax but still need Valium. I wait until I start shaking then take 10 and that lasts me about 5 days. Doesn't work taking a low dose every day. Now I'm also overusing Lyrica and I'm hooked on that too. It's a nice all day buzz, I get things done. Just rewired my SSL six. My partner, she loves a pipe when she gets home, but I can't handle weed. I can function on Ketamine or Acid but cannabis sends me into a coma. I race to bed thinking I'm dying. And palpitations aren't just anxiety. The things your body does when it's missing it's meds is truly awful. So many times when I'm strung out (I used to think that was just an expression, but that is exactly how your brain and body feel.....like a length of chewing gum) I've spent hours googling suicide methods.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. OraMorph

OraMorph Ultrasonic

Any kind of current drug dependency need to be weened slowly and comfortably off and weened onto the new one
    Unless you like a rollecoaster experience

19. tun

tun Rock Star

good luck with the lyrica and valium. are you actively cutting back on those?

20. Stryves

Stryves Platinum Record

Sorry, correct terminology was high tolerance to the point of being too expensive and then not fun reactions. Everyone that does it says the same thing, you're using the wrong / bad stuff. I've tried many different flavors, it affects people differently. I'm glad it works for you, but definitely not for me.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List