Other sites like Audioz?

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by asuzer666, May 24, 2013.

1. asuzer666

asuzer666 Newbie

You can't understand because it's not so. I never said Audioz wasn't enough for me.

2. asuzer666

asuzer666 Newbie

:bleh:

3. Frubbs

Frubbs Kapellmeister

Bobs, I understand your quest, but you'll find your needs met more often as you refine your search process - this is not a function of whether you search on AudioZ or on other sites. The fact is that over time, stuff comes and goes according to demand. Posting on a host site (eg Rapidshare or Uploaded) costs money, so posters will pull their stuff when demand drops off. For this reason you need to check fairly regularly in order to find an active link to what you're looking for. This is where sites like AudioZ come into play, where links to the hosters and informative descriptions help you find what you specifically need. There are many such sites around, but I can tell you this is without question the best one going. The links labeled "DEAD" are there to flag formerly live material that's been pulled. This is quite a time-saving service, and Saint is the only one who makes the effort to do that. You should also take the time to read Saint's very useful postings in the Info column, the Scene FAQ, the DMCA info, the request process - you won't find anything like that on other sites, which are generally run by people whose sole motivation is to drive the user through a downloading path that makes them money. Most of them repackage material with their own promotional material, often with their URLs as passwords. There is very seldom any sense of a community on these sites, few or no comments, much less relevant discussion, and nothing like the sense of public service that you get from both Saint and various posters and users that participate on AudioZ in numerous selfless ways. Believe me, you will not find a better site for sharing music/audio production-related material, or for the community around such sharing, anywhere on the net.

4. asuzer666

asuzer666 Newbie

I get what you're saying.

And to anyone who thinks I'm dissing Audioz in any way, I'm not. I'm just kinda new to downloading this way(usually I just torrent) so I'm curious is all. Was just wondering what other sites are out there. Seems like this is the best and now I know that I can PM uploaders and request if they can re-upload if links are dead. :)

5. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

this problem will be resolved in the next version of Audioz, which i'm currently working on.
    I hate dead links to, therefore it shouldn't continue like this.
    but for now, you can always ask uploader to reupload.

6. asuzer666

asuzer666 Newbie

Cool. I wasn't expecting that the site gets updated to new versions like that. Any idea when the next version will be?

Yeah, dead links are really annoying because there are so many of them. Can't complain too much since you're getting stuff free, but still, would be nice for the dead links to be at least minimized. :)

7. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

why wouldn't you? Audioz is huge and it is my responsibility before my members to keep it up to date :wink:

ohh, i don't want to promise anything. there will be lots of new features, therefore it's hard to say how long will it take to implement all of them. i really hope it won't take longer than 1-2 months :sad:

8. asuzer666

asuzer666 Newbie

Sweet. :break:

9. urOk

urOk Member

Yes, I was to write about it, if uploader don't have it anymore you can always make new REQ. Kind people will share with you no worries :)