OSX 10.15-Vengeance plugins - elicenser trouble.

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by vanhaze, Jan 19, 2020.

1. vanhaze

vanhaze Platinum Record

Dear all,

- OSX Catalina 10.15.2
    - Latest versions of Vengeance plugins
    - Latest version of E-licenser software
    - Latest generation E-licenser usb dongle.

Issue for me:
    Almost all my (legal) Vengeance plugins give e-licenser error, when they are scanned in a DAW
    or opened in a DAW.
    E-licenser software should be Catalina compatible but i am afraid/assuming that the Vengeance plugins need to be updated for being Catalina compatible (??)
    Someone knows if this is correct ?
    Someone on Catalina experiencing the same issue and has maybe a workaround ?

Thx in advance for any help !

3. playtime

playtime Rock Star

I'm on Win 10 and have no troubles (so far). But be aware that latest updates of Vengeance plugins are from February 2018.
    I don't think they made plugins Catalina compatible yet :dunno:

4. vanhaze

vanhaze Platinum Record

Thanks for chiming in !
    Meanwhile, sent an email to Vengeance support (Rene Keilwerth).
    Fingers crossed ..

5. playtime

playtime Rock Star

Not a problem at all mate :) Good you've sent email to them because I'm waiting for updated Windows versions too!

BTW, please send best regards to my boys Steph Jansen & Chris Hartgers :mates:

6. baldman

baldman Ultrasonic

I've got the same problem, 2017 27" 5K iMac Catalina. You didn't mention which DAW as Cubase seems to work OK for me. Ableton, and most programs that scan plugins throw an error code like "????" or something else. Oddly enough sometimes the VST version won't work, but the VST3 or AU version will. Seems to be mostly confined to Vengeance plugins, although one time my Steinberg Plugs; Halion 6 and Groove Agent failed as well. Also sent emails to Rene about the eLicenser issue and the fact that their plugins are virtually useless on a 5K screen (squint vision) I was assured that the fix for both will be coming sometime this year. Whatever that means.

7. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

No problem here on Win 10. With Phalanx, metrum, tapestop and glitchbitch.

8. baldman

baldman Ultrasonic

Pretty sure it's only a Mac, specifically Catalina, problem.

9. vanhaze

vanhaze Platinum Record

Yes, me too thinks the e-licenser errors issue is specific to OSX Catalina.

I discovered that when i open the e-licenser control software first (and keep it running) and then open a
    usb-E-licenser authorized plugin, the plugin will open without an e-licenser error.
    This goes for all my Vengeance plugins, SB Groove Agent, SB Padshop 2 and SB Halion 6.
    This is a clunky workaround ofcourse ..

10. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

I'm on Mojave and I have these problems in some daws, too. The thing is that some daws do not have access to Synsopos.app. Normally I am asked by the System to add a specific app in System-Security-Automation tab. You can't add an app by your own. But in some daws' cases I am not even getting asked, so I can't grant the app access and thus the Vengeance plugins can not be authorized...

11. vanhaze

vanhaze Platinum Record

Thx for your help, i hear ya !
    Strange thing is, in my situation, i get e-licenser errors while the DAW has acces to Synsopos.app in System-Security.
    Example: Reaper has acces to Synsopos.app
    I open Steinberg Groove Agent in Reaper.
    I then get an e-licenser error window, when i click "cancel" in that window, Reaper even crashes right away.
    But.. it's another kind of error: this error is about a missing license for Groove Agent on my e-lic dongle, super weird ..

Interesting Sidenote: on Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo forums, it's full of posts complaining about the increase of e-licenser errors that people experience lately.

This whole e-lic drama is getting on my nerves TBH ..:deep_facepalm: