Osirus Jbridge 32-bit?

Discussion in 'Software' started by jd87, Aug 19, 2024.

1. jd87

jd87 Ultrasonic

Hi all, I have an old asus tablet/laptop that I sometimes use while in the car because it uses low power because its usb powered. So it runs off the car battery for a long time. That's the benefit. I'd like to know if I can bridge the 64-bit plugin to use in a 32-bit host. I tried it once with jbridge but it did not work. It only supports 32-bit windows 10 drivers. If its impossible please let me know. Thanks.

3. argo3k

argo3k Ultrasonic

Cpu in such a weak old computer is not enough for the emulator

4. jd87

jd87 Ultrasonic

Yeah probably not. Its 4 cores 2.4ghz 3rd gen and 4 threads. But I'd still like to try..

5. Myfanwy

Myfanwy Platinum Record

The plugins are 64 bit only and won't run on a 32 bit system.

6. lbnv

lbnv Platinum Record

This. It's completely impossible to run 64 bit plugin in 32 bit OS. With or without jbridge. The main limitation is OS rather than DAW.

You can use jbridge in 32 bit DAW and 64 bit OS.

7. DJ PUKKA

DJ PUKKA Member

always remember 32bit works on 64 bit, but 64 will not work on 32
    i would try & install a 64 bit system on the tablet, if you can do this.[or either upgrade]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Melodic Reality

Melodic Reality Rock Star

Seems strange that 3rd gen Intel based laptop can't run 64 bit Windows, at least Windows 8.1, if not 10.

9. Myfanwy

Myfanwy Platinum Record

That's true for Windows systems, at least until today, because the kernel still supports 32 bit binaries, but not in general. Apple has removed all 32 bit support with macOS Catalina in 2019, that's why it's impossible to run 32 bit plugins with 32 Lives or other bridging tools. Maybe Windows will stop supporting 32 bit code in a later version.

10. Myfanwy

Myfanwy Platinum Record

In a USB powered tablet?? Maybe an intel Atom CPU which is pretty much useless for any audio work other than recording without many effects. Forget anything like this DSP emulation.

Please provide the complete specs and model of the tablet, whithout it's all guessing.

11. jd87

jd87 Ultrasonic

Asus assbook aka (T100TAM-RH12T-CB)
    It actually only has 2gb of ram. It also doesn't have much hard drive space left either. Actually it uses like 8% on vstation so I might as well forget it. I was able to install fl studio 20.8.4 32-bit but no higher.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...5-2m-cache-up-to-2-39-ghz/specifications.html

https://www.asus.com/commercial-laptops/asus_transformer_book_t100tam/

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/t100tam/helpdesk_download/ (apparently it does have 64-bit drivers)

Downloading the 64-bit win10 now. I'll let you guys know if the plugin works or not. My guess not.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2024
  12. clone

clone Audiosexual

His post about 64bit applications not running on 32 bit systems is absolutely true. Not "in general". It is a simple hard fact with no wiggle room for further confusion. Even the AI understands this.

You: Can any 32 bit system run 64 bit programs?

ChatGPT said:
    No, a 32-bit system cannot run 64-bit programs. Here’s why:

1. Architecture Differences: A 32-bit system has a 32-bit processor architecture, which means it handles data and memory addresses that are 32 bits wide. 64-bit programs are designed to take advantage of a 64-bit architecture, which allows them to use more memory and access more data at once. The architecture of the processor determines how it interacts with software, and a 32-bit processor simply cannot understand or execute 64-bit instructions.

2. Memory Addressing: 32-bit systems can address up to 4 GB of RAM, while 64-bit systems can address significantly more memory (theoretically up to 18.4 million TB, though practical limits are lower). A 64-bit program might require more memory than a 32-bit system can provide or manage, making it incompatible.

3. Instruction Set: 64-bit programs use instructions that are specific to 64-bit processors. Since a 32-bit processor doesn’t support these instructions, it cannot execute 64-bit code.
    In summary, to run 64-bit programs, you need a 64-bit processor and an operating system that supports 64-bit computing. If you have a 32-bit system, it’s limited to running 32-bit software.

13. jd87

jd87 Ultrasonic

Yeah. For some reason I remember someone successfully got a 64 bit plugin working in a 32 bit daw, but he was probably using 64 bit OS.

14. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

maybe you should try to get a more powerful used or refurbished laptop, you will be able to do a lot more with it, just a suggestion.

15. GluBloB

GluBloB Ultrasonic

16. SuperConductor

SuperConductor Newbie

Jbridge is the best bridger imo so if it cant do it game over

17. jd87

jd87 Ultrasonic

I have many computers. I use a 10th gen laptop etc. Try reading my post again. I clearly say I like to use it for times I'm in the car because it can last 24-48 hours on my car battery. Its low power so its actually useful believe or not for certain situations. Its definitely not my daily driver but sometimes its cool just to be off grid or something.

18. Ryan

Ryan Ultrasonic

I had this old computer until 2 years ago or so that had even the old 32 bit cubase vst 32 of that was released in 1999 and with J bridge it could run most 64 bit plugins like kontakt 5 at least . However, the operating system was maybe windows 7 or 10. I can't remember. I believe J bridge baiscally runs these software ' outside of the 32 bit daw' , but in order for it to work the operating system must be able to at least run them seperately. Then J bridge " attached" them together.

(But honestly don't know the details)

19. jd87

jd87 Ultrasonic

It doesn't work. Only has a 32-bit efi but yet 64 bit drivers.

20. Melodic Reality

Melodic Reality Rock Star

Crazy shot, but maybe try Linux on it, it could be interesting, Reaper, emu's are all there, UHe, Zebra and Hive could perform quite well there, yabridge could run almost anything Windows based, everything 64 bit and all that:thumbsup:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  21. jd87

jd87 Ultrasonic

64 bit Linux? I would give it a shot if it would work. The tablet can't boot any 64-bit Uefi Usb drive or Ssd with 64-bit windows already installed on it. Gives error ''this processor is not 64-bit''. Or it just doesn't do anything and returns to the bios screen in like a second. I've tried every combination of boot drives possible and different drives with 64 bit Os on it they all won't boot. Any 32 bit Os is no problem. So I gave up because it seems that the tablet only can support 32 bit Os even though it has 64 bit drivers due to the 32-bit Efi limitation.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List