Oscilloscope

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Kwissbeats, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

I think I go buy this and mess around with it,
    will I be satisfaction-ed?

does any of you has expierence with osciloscopes and knows what characteristics/qualities
    it has to have?

3. angie

angie Producer

For double the price the DSO112 model seems a better choice ... You have not to solder.. one hour of work less / time is money / better product

4. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

What dou you need it for?

5. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

I'm sorry Kwissbeats... I couldn't help but laugh at your choice of words..."will I be satisfactioned?"

I love it... I realize that English is probably not your first language... which, still puts you LIGHT-YEARS ahead myself... a dumbass american that basically only knows English... sure, I learned Spanish... enough to get an "A" in class. I learned some Deutsch 10-years prior... but anyhow.

I am laughing with you, and not "at" you. You can probably relate though, yeah?.. You have probably witnessed people try and speak your native language, and try to say stuff that may work in another language, but not your own?.. kinda like what I witnessed here?

Anyway, as for Oscope.... boy, I haven't built anything that complex (which, I imagine isn't THAT detailed really). Most I have done is a fuzz guitar pedal, and I started a tremelo model, but it's half finished in a cabinet somewhere in my basement.

What is t going to look like though when complete?.. and how does sound go into it?.. or is it a scope solely for elec. circuit analysis?.. Voltage drops, or whatever the hell you guys/gals call it.

@angie: are you really a female that knows about Oscope kits??.. not to mention a better model!!???

If that IS true... then ummm... well... let's just say... I'm a guy... your a girl... and ummmmmmmmmmm... should I continue?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Looks great, if only it had frequency range up to 1GHz.
    For under $30 is still great and you can pick up some DIY skills :thumbsup:

@angie - Some actually prefer the adventures of DIY. :yes:

7. mageye

mageye Producer

8. Jazz-N-Stuff

Jazz-N-Stuff Platinum Record

if you need a real Oscilloscope to measure things, Input impedance ( 1MOhm or much more) and sensitivity would be important+ high bandwidth.
    But this, i assume, should be just a waveform oscilloscope for synthies, where 200kHz would be good enough to ge a clue what kind of signal it is.
    If the frequency is limited the squarewaves would not look sharp at the edges, thats all. How does this thing trigger signals perfect would be a more important question.

9. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

these are cool.. and just looking at it .. I would like to build one too..
    but what use for music production? It's mainly a diagnostic tool for electronics eh?

10. Jazz-N-Stuff

Jazz-N-Stuff Platinum Record

i thought he might use it like here: