Original Rock Song - Hold Back The Tide

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by DimChandeliers, Feb 13, 2012.

1. DimChandeliers

DimChandeliers Ultrasonic

3. lampwiikk

lampwiikk Member

It's horrible, but I like it man... reminds me of something I would have been stoked to see live in high school or something. Cool, kind of like Dead Milkmen or something

4. BChrist

BChrist Member

Keep up the hard work man.

Your opinion is the only one that really matters. Be proud of what you've done here. Continue to create.

5. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Find a new Guitarist because he cannot play and has no tone ! Aweful dude, and Vocalist is poor the only thing ! Decent is Drums and Bass Good Luck

6. DimChandeliers

DimChandeliers Ultrasonic

Guess I won't be quitting my day job. I like this forum. No sugar-coating it.

7. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Sounds like a mixing between 60's hippy music with 60's rock distortion.

The song in itself has potential but it would need rewriting.

1. Vocalist either isn't trying or has never been taught to sing. But it also sounds like the singer is playing an instrument too. And if this is the case I'm guessing the guitarist is singing which isn't working.

2. The guitar parts kill this track more than anything. Playing 1 chord per measure doesn't work unless your a bass guitar in a very mellow song. If the singer is playing guitar and the guitar part is simply so he can sing I suggest getting a guitarist and making the singer focus on singing.

3. The bass is ok, needs to play an octave lower though and needs to focus more on complimenting the drums rather than the out there pop basslines that don't really go with much.

4. Drop those drum loops. They sound bad, they're not the right type of drums for this music. And for this song they are just too generic. I can hear at least 1-2 bass drums hits completely missed in every measure.

In all honesty I'd suggest starting with actually writing drums. Get EzDrummer or something because loops will never pass as acceptable rock drums. Anyway, once you write real drums to this and make it so this song has some moving energy then work on making the bassline compliment the drums. If you can get those 2 things going, the guitar wont matter.

I actually like the idea for the vocals. Don't think they were done well, but with a good singer the vocal line for this could scream awesome.

So like I said the song itself has potential. But needs to be rewritten from the ground up starting with Drums and then bass. Then making the guitar more than just single chords will be much easier.

But this is all just my opinion. Good luck.