Orchestral Tools Metropolis Ark 1 & Symphony Series Ensemble Kontakt crashes on loading

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Sounddept, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Sounddept

Sounddept Guest

Hello

I have an issue where with libraries like Symphony Series Ensemble and Metropolis Ark 1

When I try and load them in Kontakt be this either standalone or Cubase the spinny rainbow wheel and cubase says 'Application Not Responding'

A few days ago it didn't do this So I don't know what has happened, anyone got any ideas?

I am using a Mac mini 16gb quad core, 2tb ssd's on high sierra

3. Talula

Talula Rock Star

version of kontakt?
    try to reinstall libraries files from original rars/iso
    check permissions
    app signatures
    maybe macos was updated in few days after last working time?

4. Arjan

Arjan Noisemaker

I had the same when I installed it on an external HD, now I installed it on my Macbook and it loads faster. Do however get the little colored wheel shortly but I just wait and the library starts to load.

5. Sounddept

Sounddept Guest

I did consider that, I currently have it on an external HDD but am moving the libraries now to my Mac minis ssd's to see if that makes a difference, will let you know

6. Sounddept

Sounddept Guest

Put Symphony Series String Ensemble on the Mac minis ssd but it is still freezing and showing the spinny rainbow wheel, don't know what is going on with it...going to see if the Symphony essential ensemble will work instead

Symphony Essentials Ensemble works just fine

Is it worth me downloading Symphony Series Ensemble again or should I just go with the essentials?

7. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

the first load write the data base cache, it is still long to respond the first time you open a new library. especially with big one's.
    just wait the freeze stop.

8. Sounddept

Sounddept Guest

I have tried the other Symphony Series and they load so it was definitely something wrong with the Ensemble library, may download it again

9. Talula

Talula Rock Star

oh, guys... why you don't want to give all information?:facepalm:

in the first message I can't see anny words that ssd is an external drive. hum... I think you just bought it and use it after unboxing. yeah?
    in this case this external ssd drive formated to NTFS or something from that family, not default HFS for macos. it may bring some problems when you on mac and working with files stored on this external drive. NTFS alternative data streams is not fully compatible with metadata that using with HFS. file permissions and atributes may be changed and this will be a problem for macos.

you are on high sierra, cool. but which version? this os was updated 7 times after first release and current latest version 10.15.7. what version you have on your imac mini?

and the latest: version of your installed kontakt, pls...

p.s. don't forget to relocate library folder in native access after moving it to imac internal drive.

10. Arjan

Arjan Noisemaker

I have all the Ensemble libraries installed and work like a charm, so I don't think you need to download again. I have a 2019 i7 MacBook Pro wit 16gb RAM and ssd HD , maybe that helps me to load them faster....