Orangetree samples Stratosphere missing files

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Ludo7777, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Ludo7777

Ludo7777 Noisemaker

I've downloaded the evolution stratosphere library, but when I try to load it in Kontakt, it keeps saying that the sample files are all missing. After manually selecting the sample folder it works, but I have to do this every time and it's really frustrating. Does anyone know a solution to this problem? Cheers. Below is how the library folders look like on my desktop.

upload_2021-9-9_0-51-55.png

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Why does Kontakt show a "missing files" error when loading the library?

The "missing files" error usually means that Kontakt can't find the samples. This is generally due to one of two situations:

1. The samples got extracted somewhere else other than where the library expects them to be. Double-check to make sure there's a "Samples" subfolder located within the sample library's main folder. If it ended up in a different folder, you'll need to move the folder back where it belongs.

2. The samples weren't fully extracted or encountered an error. Make sure that the filesize of the RAR files matches what's listed on the download page to the exact byte, and make sure that 7-Zip/WinRAR or UnRarX indicate the extraction process is complete before closing them.

Be sure to refer to the installation instructions included on the library's download page for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to install and load the sample library. The installation is fairly straight-forward, but if you skip any steps or use RAR extraction software other than the options we recommend, we can't guarantee that the sample library will be installed successfully.

Also, refer to these video tutorials to ensure that the sample libraries are being extracted properly:

Windows extraction tutorial video

Mac OS extraction tutorial video

Source: https://www.orangetreesamples.com/k...-missing-files-error-when-loading-the-library

4. Ludo7777

Ludo7777 Noisemaker

Yeah I saw the instructions, that's the sample library's main folder and the Samples folder is right there - I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong... Everything's probably extracted properly bc it does work after manually locating the sample files.

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

How to Extract Orange Tree Samples Libraries (LEGACY)

6. Ludo7777

Ludo7777 Noisemaker

Yes, I saw the video again. In my samples folder, instead of the nkx files, I have ncw files. Can this be the cause of the problem?

Edit: I think it is, because kontakt assumes that the samples are found in Samples/nkx_001/fret noise or other samples sorted in to a folder/whatever ncw file. Then is there a way to convert ncw files into nkx files? Seems like the solution to this problem...

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Sorry I'm not an Orange Tree User, but maybe the links will help you:

The main use is to pack individual .ncw files into .nkx ones. ...and Orange Tree Samples.
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/innkx-...files-with-wallpaper-embedded-and-more.43675/

Code:
    How to create .nkx files (Kontakt Library)?
    https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=328781