Options for recording a webpage that streams video?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Strivingtolive, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Strivingtolive

Strivingtolive Newbie

Hello, everyone! I was picking up pace on learning from a certain youtuber that just recently out of the blue, took down his production tutorial videos and will now only have them on their site, I was looking to see if anyone knows a good software to help me record my favorites after my trial is up so I can continue learning, I plan to pay the subscription half into the year next year once I have evaluated that I can execute on the basic ideas enough (and I also have spare money by then) to professionalize and seek the guidance from the site but until then this was the best option I had, could you help me with the best options to record video or download directly from websites? Thank you!!

3. El Cycer

El Cycer Producer

• You said that videos were on youtube: first method is to try with wayback machine, there is a chance that they can resurrect videos for you https://web.archive.org/
    • In case the tutorials are currently online on a website, copy paste the video link into jdownloader app: it could work. https://jdownloader.org/
    • In case you can watch the videos, but there is no way to grab them, then any screen recorder will work (be sure to record audio also): this is the most time consuming method, but is 100% effective. I use OBS (free) https://obsproject.com/
    A different approach: check the sister site, there are plenty of video tutorials on mixing production, made by superstars sound engineers

4. Strivingtolive

Strivingtolive Newbie

Thank you so much Cycer! I'm on Mac too so this defintely helps!! I appreciate it! Trying all of these tonight. And yeah, sister sites are a life saver, this other producer is actually not per se a youtube producer is actively in the industry, but the reason I want to continue learning from their content is he makes one dedicated video for each song and he breaks down piece by piece each part, not just the usual "I added this sample and this together" lol he explains production techniques within the context of the song and other things, and also I kinda started my learning workflow with the channel so to switch and look for another that is not just clickbait would take more time lol. But again! thank you these options will definitely get me what I needed!! You're a lifesaver!

5. typical-love

typical-love Producer

I'm intrigued (as if I need to spend more time watching tuts...... lol). Care to say who it is?

6. Strivingtolive

Strivingtolive Newbie

lol! the channel is Beat Academy