Optimize OSX Performance for Audio

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by copylefter, May 8, 2014.

1. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Got problem with both components, but got it working with Niresh releases

if you have some money and you want to build a low price hackintosh i suggest the combo MSI 2A9C + i3 550 wich are 100% compatible with Niresh release. Used this combo until 1 week ago, i think you can buy both for something around 50-70$ to 150-200$ depending on re-seller. The i3 it's quite good in Logic could create a EDM project with 150 tracks, it doesn't feature Hyper threading, C-step, Turbo boost state, always running @3.20 GHZ without make noise. All features make it a perfect choice for a low budget hackintosh.

2. ShadowOfTheZ

ShadowOfTheZ Ultrasonic

works perfectly with 10.10.5

In addition, to prevent the sleepimage from being reconstructed again after a restore or something similar:

Check the status of hibernation:
    pmset -g | grep hibernatemode

Then:
    sudo rm /private/var/vm/sleepimage
    sudo touch /private/var/vm/sleepimage
    sudo chflags schg /private/var/vm/sleepimage

3. xsze

xsze Guest

Sorry, but there's so many mobo + CPU combinations that falls under Gigabyte and Intel Haswell description, it's not even funny, you failed at one only, that's it, dozens of others made it successfully with other combos of Gigabyte mobo's and Intel Haswell's.

Anyone planning to make a hackintosh in first place should check for best combo and than go for it, having no bumps on the road, anyone just making it work with what he have now, good luck :thumbsup:

4. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Ofcourse i'm talking from my point of view wich isn't a general rule... GA H81M HD3 and i7-4790k.

5. xsze

xsze Guest

I know that you are and I responded on what you said, plain and simple, if you were precise about it in first place, you would realize you are just talking about one combo and Andrew can get dozens of others that actully work without much hassle, so there's no need to avoid Haswell and Gigabyte combos or use other OS X versions than official.

6. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

never said to avoid haswell and gigabytes combo... you should read it again. I was just suggesting a very low budget combo if someone wanna build an hackintosh for fun...

7. xsze

xsze Guest

That was after you said you got problem with both components, which was wrong to say, because you got problem with two specific components that fits in described description (Gigabyte board and Intel Haswell CPU) and on that I responded pointing out why that isn't correct, we can play this all night, if you said I got problem with GA H81M HD3 and i7-4790k, avoid that combo or I need a help or whatever is the reason you quoted that to say that, but we are here, you didn't say that and at this point everything is more than obvious, next time be more specific and you may just be correct, helpful or not understood wrongly, instead of saying things that are just plain wrong and don't make much sense when you really look at them them or just plainly there's no obvious reason for saying them in first place:thumbsup:

If you are asking yourself, why Xsze is suddenly on my case, because you are going around asking questions, sharing experiences, giving advices and having opinions, some questionable ones and I questioned them and now I know from where most of it is coming from and should I take it with grain of salt, that's all there is to it :yes:

So really, if you know what is the reason Niresh versions are working you would make official ones too, I know the drill, I was there, always lacking the basics and than it hit me after so many reading, headaches and messing around, I finally got it, why I instal every kext I do, what I need to actually do to make it work, what is actually making a problem when there is a problem and how to do it so there's no problems, bam, no problems anymore, stress free triple boots on same drive, no messing around, that's why my advices was just start from scratch and make it work, there's less stuff that can go wrong than trying to fix messy situation, some stuff happens because we let them happen, like you changing half of machine and than fixing what gone wrong with old OS-es on HDD, I have a feeling majority of folks would take that time to actually wipe their drive, get rid of some junk and start from snappy fresh system, avoiding all the potential mess that you actually had and so on. :yes:

So when you report a problem, that's excepted at this point, for what I know you are using unsupported version of OS that you resurrected from old drive when you changed half of your machine components, so weird stuff are bound to happen to you until you get with the program and actually be on supported version of OS with proper working official hackintosh build (Tonymac as rule of thumb) :like:

So sorry if sounding like an jerk or something, but I think you can benefit from this, have way less headaches in future and focus more on making music, than fixing stuff :mates:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2015
  8. Creme

Creme Kapellmeister

great tips, thx!

9. The LT

The LT Ultrasonic

You'd surely benefit from a Z97 based mobo with a 4790K's overclocking potential, mate.

10. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

it's funny because i disable the turbo since the all system seems to have enough power for my club/edm project. I suggest anyone with hackintosh to get this kind of cpu, is really great.

11. Bassmonsta

Bassmonsta Ultrasonic

Excellent stuff Copylefter. Thank you

12. Javier

Javier Member

amazing guide but purge ram dont work for me. 10.11.1 thanks in advance

13. gorri

gorri Ultrasonic

Open terminal, sudo purge

K-))

14. Javier

Javier Member

Thanks gorri, I do it that way but I was referring to the app in the post :)

15. Sakurahime

Sakurahime Noisemaker

Thank you very much, Mr. Copy, Sir!!!:mates:

16. beender

beender Newbie

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!!! Thanks a milliquadzilly to the nth!

17. Ultram

Ultram Kapellmeister

For anyone experiencing audio problems I did a clean install of El Capitan and it's the most efficient os so far. not sure what they did but my latency glitches and off the chart cpu woes have vanished.

18. lacont

lacont Newbie

Cool Stuff. Thank you very much. I do most of these things already - BTW :)

19. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

You'd better believe I have this post bookmarked!

20. blaqmatic

blaqmatic Platinum Record

What I did was save it as PDf and have it forever whenever! :wink:
    Certainly miss That Copy dude! He was on top of the game for us Mac Guys!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List