Opinions on short original track?

Discussion in 'Music' started by TMROXS, Sep 27, 2017.

1. TMROXS

TMROXS Member

This a short jam I came up with a while back.

I used loops from Addictive drummer Heavy Metal set. and all the guitars and bass are run through simulators.

Master FX chain in order is; Slate VMR (mixbuss brit 4ke, FG-N, FG-S eq's) Waves Puigchild Compressor (earlier mixes I had the 60hz transformer switch on but now switched off) Slate VTM and Izotope 7 vintage limiter (set on analog).

3. tooloud

tooloud Guest

It's okay. But it starts with everything on maximum, it stays on maximum, then ends on maximum. You might get a bit more than a minute and a half if you arranged the track. Listing the master FX chain was unnecessary.

4. Jeen

Jeen Producer

not bad !!! i agree with tooloud , maybe you can add some drums breaks , divide the tempo etc ...
    for the sound of guitars i suggest you some slap delay and micropitch fore more presence look at this video

5. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

I want that Death Flange preset....

@TMROXS One thing I've notice on this and your other Rockin' in the Free World recording is that the lead guitar seldom utilizes rests. I am guilty of it myself.

Join in on some other threads here other than solely seeking feedback for your recordings. This forum is full of great people and info.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2017
  6. Jeen

Jeen Producer

oooooooohhhhh Yes !!!!

7. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record

excellent :metal::drummer: :beg:

to be perfectionist ( and according to my taste, we're just opinion givers ) the mix is a bit too bright for me.

your rythm guitar would need a bit more definition,
    the bass needs more presence & the drums need to back off a little bit (especially the snare)

if there's not, some delay could fatten up your solo without being noticeable

but once again, it's just my opinion, based on my taste.
    your playing is excellent, very good riff.

since I don't know your studio gear, I assume you know this guy

maybe his studio is closer than what you can achieve than CLA - excellent vidéos, nontheless, but higher level of production.

:cheers: