Opinion About Monitors.

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by sada asdasdasd, Apr 22, 2017.

1. sada asdasdasd

sada asdasdasd Member

Hi! I need an opinion about the KRK RP6G3
    , I have a low budget, so I wanted to know if these monitors will be good.

I´m in a small room (quite like this)

Thanks In Advance! :D

Have a nice day!

Attached Files:

3. notremid

notremid Producer

If you want opinion, then I would say Yamaha HS7 or 5 depending on the dimensions of the room. KRK are popular among electronic music producers though. Also acoustic treatment of the room is important.

And at the end of the day unless you built the room from the ground up to certain specifications, it will not be perfect or neutral and neither will be any monitor speakers. That's where your ear comes in to play(literally), you will have to adjust and tweak accordingly. The process takes some time and patience but is highly rewarding. Good luck!

4. Avenel

Avenel Kapellmeister

if you can't afford good monitors and good room treatment then you could mix with reference headphones, the AKG K7xx are great for 150$, your mix WILL translate well ! (not perfect, but good enough).

5. JonnyRich

JonnyRich Member

I produce in a small-ish room and im currently using yamaha hs7's and they are the dogs ball sack compared to the krk rockets... I would not recommend getting the rockets for the simple fact that they have to much colour so the sound quality is not true.

6. muciones

muciones Kapellmeister

Man, that's not a small room. Rokits are nice speakers but not really accurate monitors. I went to several stores to listen to them and they sound muddy and too bassy, it will fool your ears

7. recycle

recycle Guest

krk sukks

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. HopeDiesLast

HopeDiesLast Newbie

I'm personally selling my KRKs for the JBL 308s.. depending on your budget you may want the JBL 305. the KRKs just never sounded right. I always had to go in with my DT 770s to adjust frequencies missed on the KRKs. Hopefully the JBL's will fix that.

try to place the monitors on a wall, rather than in a corner. all monitors take adjusting to work with though. good luck

9. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

glad I got the HS 8's

10. ed-enam

ed-enam Rock Star

KRK are going downhill. I found out about this while doing a search for best budget monitors. Ended up ordering JBL 305s but when they arrived they were two different monitors. So returned them and finally bought JBL LSR6325P 1s. They got room correction built-in eq but I have never used it. JBL are worth spending money for what input they put in research and in quality stuff. My search is over. You can also look for second hand Dynaudio BM5a. They are lovely monitors as well.

11. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

I never really liked KRK series with their colored sound (low mid emphasis and pretty tired highs). Same with Yamaha NS10. Hate those nasal bastards.
    I do like Munrosonic (have the Egg 150 at home), Barefoot micromain27 (in the studio), older Genelcs like 1030A, 1234A, Unity Audio The Rock, etc.

12. PrettyPurdie

PrettyPurdie Guest

I produce in a small room with yamaha hs80m , and akg headphones for acuurate mixing, whould def recommend , because the yamahas dont colour the sound, which makes your mixing skills better from the start.

13. mudworm43

mudworm43 Guest

Yamaha HS7, Adam A5X/A7X.
    IMHO they're the most cost effective (price/quality ratio) options.
    I never liked the KRK's because of muddy low end and hyped top end, they're not accurate in the task they're meant to perform.

14. MauryAvero

MauryAvero Member

15. dondada

dondada Rock Star

i like the krk6"
    but nowadays the jbl 305 seem to be cheaper ar just as much.
    so if its like that jbl wins. if you got some deal krk 6" are really fun. not the most acurate but def fun and not bad at all!

like i said jbl and yamaha ABSOLUTLEY rule the sub 500 bucks (new) market

16. turntablebeatz

turntablebeatz Member

When it comes to monitors I only think a few things actually matter.... and I also believe one pair of speakers should never be your only option when trying to figure out what your mixes sound like. Are you trying to figure out if those speakers will give you a nice full sound in that room (good bass, and just nice and loud)? because my personal opinion is you'll probably be ok with those monitors as long as you know what you exactly want from them.. for example I can mix on a cheap pair of small monitors that lack in the bass department because I know how to judge what I'm mixing and will ultimately play the mix through other speakers to see what needs to be fixed in the mix.

the reverb of the room always plays a major part but positioning your monitors and getting them just right is always key... after all near field monitors are meant to be just that.. I don't even care if my monitors don't full the entire room with sound as long as I can judge what I'm hearing through the monitors and have them setup to give me the best response for my situation.. and have other speakers to test how well my mixes are translating. I will say this.. before I actually purchased some monitors for my desktop setup. I went crazy reading reviews trying to figure out what would work best for my situation but ended up picking up some presonus monitors that I probably wouldn't have...but set them up.. listened to them with a few reference mixes and trained my ears to the speakers and couldn't be more happy.

I say try them... see if they work for you... let your ears tell you because reviews and other peoples opinions are just that...