Opening Waveshell VST3?

Discussion in 'Software' started by VSKZ, Feb 15, 2023.

1. VSKZ

VSKZ Producer

Hi!
    I got a problem. I installed waves complete and removed everything except the 3 plugins I want from all folders. Only problem now is that Bitwig still shows all the plugins because they are somehow all registered in a "waveshell 14xxx" in my VST3 folder.

Now I saw that there is a tool called : VSTWrapperBuilder which is exactly what I'm looking for only problem: is does not work with VST3 only VST2....

So is there a way to somehow go into the Waveshell and delete all the **** I don't need?

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

You can of course delete everything and go back to an older Wave Central version. Then you are not up to date but you don't have any VST3 leftovers and instead you have the Waves Central... !

Uninstall unused individual plugins manually:

1. Quit all audio apps.
    2. Navigate to the relevant plugin version folder:
      • Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V14 (or whichever version is installed on your device).
      • Mac: Macintosh HD > Applications > Waves > Plug-Ins V14 (or whichever version is installed on your device).
    3. The plugin file you wish to remove will be named after the plugin, in this format: [PluginName].bundle. For example, the plugin file for Reel ADT will be named Reel ADT.bundle.
    4. Delete the plugin file/s you wish to remove (or move to a backup folder).
    5. Clear Waves preferences:
      Windows:
      • Click the Windows key + ‘R’ and enter %appdata%, click Enter.
      • Delete the Waves folder inside the 'Roaming' folder that appears.
      Mac: Delete the "Waves Preferences" folder located at HD > Users > Current user > Library > Preferences (this folder is accessed by going to the Go menu and holding down the Alt\option key. This will reveal the Library option).
    Please note: Manually removing a plugin will not be reflected in Waves Central’s ‘Install Status’ for that plugin. For correct reflection of the installed plugins in Waves Central, uninstall the entire version and re-install just the plugins that you need.

Source: www.waves.com/support/uninstall-waves-products

Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
  4. VSKZ

VSKZ Producer

Thanks for your answer, but that's what I already did.

The Problem is however that all the Vst3 files that I would need to delete are in the "WaveShell1-VST3 14.0_x64" file and i need a wav to unpack/repack these.

5. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I think I would create my own "Collections" of plugins and not worry what shows in the main listing.
    I have not progressed with that in Bitwig as I don't often use it.
    But there are far too many plugins to be scrolling through the long lists, so I don't worry about what's in the main lists.

6. VSKZ

VSKZ Producer

Yeah, maybe i need to try that. I work with "keywords" for example if I want to add a plugin from sonnox I double-click and type "son"

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hello @VSKZ uninstall all and download this one:

1.) Waves Complete v2021.12.05 Emulator Only FIXED-R2R
    Team R2R | 2021.12.07 | 19 KB

2.) Waves License Engine Emulator Only

Clean Up
    - If you have installed bad crack by VR,
    - Uninstall Waves.
    - Remove : %LOCALAPPDATA%\Waves Audio\Waves Local Server\
    - Restart computer.

3. Install Waves.