OP-X PRO II 50% off!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Von_Steyr, Jun 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Tealla

Tealla Kapellmeister

Yeah, but unfortunately it was abandoned, never finished. Another one of those "damn it I wish things had gone differently" stories.

That said, it still kicks!

2. Yea, the SQ8L is very cool, very very free and very very very sadly an unfinished symphony, though as Tealia says...

Also
    Funny, because yesterday I was thinking how great it has been having you, @Von-Steyr, around. You have been a wonderful addition to this forum, bringing with you a voice that layers well harmonically with any and all the songs that we sing, never afraid to say your mind, though without cutting blows and jagged amputations, contributing to our shared knowledge base by bringing to the table interesting and informative personal ideas as well as articles and videos from around the Web and beyond, and in such a relatively short time of being here, you have become a welcome fixture and and friendly face that at least to me, seems to have been here forever and would leave an ugly scar (just a figure of speech, scars can be quite beatiful) if you dared split the scene. Fertig.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Did you part on amicable terms? It might be worth giving her a call and asking how she is. Oh and whilst you are talking to her on the phone, can she Fed Ex your keyboard :D

4. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Thank you my friend for such nice words,the feeling is mutual!I :cheers:
    I like to help and contribute with information.
    I think this is the best music production forum with great,creative people!:)

5. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

And he has the best selection of avatars of all time! (Except for your kitten. I loved that kitten)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. OK, if I can find it I will revert to my tiny, cutest of all time incarnation. I really like it too.

7. priNceJ

priNceJ Member

Can someone confirm that the newest version of OBX pro is less buggy. I belive it is 64 bit ready as well. I use the OBX with jbridge and it crashes on the reg.
    Agreed with someone earlier about the newest Aurturia update has really improved their analog emulation. Although the Oberheim SEM still can't hit those beefy lows like the o.g. Nice drifting on the arp 2600 I dig.

8. Nawhak

Nawhak Ultrasonic

Just got my OP-X PRO II license, discount finally runs until the end of August people, and though being said as a Beta, x64 DLL worked fine for more than 2 hours now so you can go for it without a doubt. (Used through the latest SONAR Platinum version)

Also, I agree on the SEM emulation by Arturia as I own it too.
    It's a great VSTi. My favorite Arturia plugin by far, actually.

Until I can afford some OB-6 or SEM-Pro hardware, which will never happen I guess, I'm very happy with both of them.

Oh! For the Diva users, there's also a pretty good Oberheim additional library developed by Swan Audio : http://swanaudio.co.uk/

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  9. Hey, Nawhak, try not to think that way lest you actually convince yourself that it would be impossible, manifesting a bad reality for a shifting scenario in which at some time in the future you will be able to buy one, and many other tools that atm are just a bit past your outstretched hand.

10. Nawhak

Nawhak Ultrasonic

"which will possibly happen" is more the way I figure it actually.

I already own hardware things that do very good thank you. But the OB-6 is so expensive that I really wonder about the necessity to have it or not in my setup.

I mean, just like I once decided not to collect VSTi's anymore but to use well those I truly dig, I wonder if such a pricey investment is worth it considering I'm lucky enough to have great instruments in my room.

I do agree on the "positive thinking" though.

11. I tried Dave Smith's OB-6 at a store, and while it sounded pretty darn great, for some reason I didn't like the way the knobs and buttons felt. I know that it won't fall apart or anything like that, and at that price it bloody well shouldn't, but there was something about the whole tactile experience that left me feel wanting. Maybe it was just that my expectations were much different than what was offered. I guess that I will go back another time, probably the next my thoughts and feelings will change.

12. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

I kinda liked the old guy with goggles too... :winker:

13. Nawhak

Nawhak Ultrasonic

I know what you mean about the feeling with the knobs and buttons, I first felt the same with my Mopho x4 but it's finally reliable.
    I really think DSI still makes things to last.
    Also, both the P6 and the OB-6 sound so fucking good... Gosh !
    ^^

14. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Sale goes till august 28th now.

15. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Oh? And where is this barn?

[​IMG]

16. @Can Emp .. about 140 miles NNW of your location in Philly. Go north on 476 until you get to route 80 and then head west. Take exit 236B in the direction of Lightstreet for PA...Hey, wait a second, you were trying to fool me!! If you want any more information out of me you're gonna have to pay for it. Hmmmm.

17. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

500$ on ebay....you can git it if you really want...thats how the song goes:yes: