ONLY ONE SONG ! (which is very special for you)

Discussion in 'Conversations About Good Music' started by Deceptive, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Deceptive

Deceptive Audiosexual

wonderfully and honestly written !! I really read it with great interest and I want to thank you very much.:wink::wink::wink:

2. chippy33

chippy33 Kapellmeister

Had me spell bound from the off.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. Deceptive

Deceptive Audiosexual

would you share the story with us ...please ?

4. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

This beautiful composition is given a varied meaning. Some say it is proof of the anguished love that Mahler felt for Alma Schindler, a kind of love that goes beyond the corporeal... But the fact is that Mahler composed this work at a time when he was extremely ill (some musicologists attribute aggregate elegiac meaning due to this). In the 2000s, I had contact with this beautiful symphony while studying music, at a time when I was having health problems (before I became a vegetarian). Strangely, I felt connected with this beautiful and sweet sadness, which came to remember the fact that all of us, no matter how small or big we are, are finite as a physical body. :dunno:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  5. Dmotr Softor

Dmotr Softor Kapellmeister

Thank you, for me this is a very personal story, so I did not answer right away. Sometimes, it is worth sharing even such intimate things. It makes a person rethink many things. Many people, listening to stories from my life (not as personal as this one), advised me to write something like a memoir. But this is nonsense, there are many people around who have passed a life path full of incredible stories. But your question suddenly turned out to be important to me, sometimes you need to tell a story, but you don’t do it just like that: “oh, I have a lot of drama here”). And now, after you asked, it's like I went back there and experienced deep emotions. So thank you for the tear on my cheek and the smile at the same time!:mates:
    It's too much "Many" in this post, "lots of" etc. would be better sometimes but I hope you've got the idea. :)
    I love Mahler, but never heard this story, thanx!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  6. uhub

uhub Kapellmeister

I can't forget. I can't move on. I have since been destroying myself gradually...:suicide:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

For "rubber ring"...What do you hear when you listen to it.
    And said : "Oh, oh, smother me Mother..." No... Rubber ring, rubber ring, rubber ring, rubber ring La...
    or
    And said : "Oh, oh, smother me Mother..." No... Love me,Love me, Love me, Love me La..."

For me it doesnt sound like "rubber ring".

8. KillerLoop

KillerLoop Ultrasonic

From the first time I heard it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. shankar

shankar Platinum Record

full of memories...

10. dia manu

dia manu Producer

11. jennyblack

jennyblack Audiosexual

"Wish you were here" has always had a special place in my heart since I heard It for the first time more than 30 years ago in my teens.
    Some time ago I introduced it to my little autistic son, and he said with his eyes a little wet: "this song is so beautiful, Daddy". We listened to it in silence while my eyes also filled with tears.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  12. seph

seph Ultrasonic

Sharon Den Adel sings in this song about her grandmother who had dementia at that time... Same story here... Makes me cry almost every time I listen to it.

13. Genoveva Bernhard

Genoveva Bernhard Producer

As a lifelong drug addict and homeless person, I'd spent a lot of time roaming the country like a lost puppy. One of the places I landed was in a fleabag apartment/hotel in Hollywood, CA. To supplement my habit, I gave "house" - lent out my place temporarily for a hit or two. One night, a sad prostitute stayed for a little while. Originally from Phoenix, she had seven kids, none of which she was taking care of. That neglectful feeling wasn't lost on her, however. Sitting cross-legged on the living room floor, after taking a hit, she played "Nothing Compares To You" by Sinead O'Connor over and over, crying all the while. She played the song seven times on her little portable cassette player. After she left, I realized how someone can feel a song so deeply that it actually fills a need, like food or shelter. I'll never forget her anguish. It was a lot like mine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  14. Yellow Raven

Yellow Raven Platinum Record

for me it's: the sound of silence by Simon & Garfunkel
    I come from a place where oriental music prevailed and this, after house of the rising sun, was my introduction to occidental music.
    I was deeply touched by the words and the music as well as the voices. have been ever since a big fan of the duo and got all their albums.
    thank you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  15. Deceptive

Deceptive Audiosexual

this song has something special ... :wink:

16. Deceptive

Deceptive Audiosexual

your story really touched me ... thank you very much !

17. Deceptive

Deceptive Audiosexual

talk to us ... what happened ???

18. Deceptive

Deceptive Audiosexual

wonderful, i really enjoyed it:wink:

19. Deceptive

Deceptive Audiosexual

wonderful ! thank you :wink:

20. madbuzzin

madbuzzin Platinum Record

maps and diagrams - unordinary people

this song is a staple for my airport visits. I am rather autistic about playing this song at the exact right time when I am traveling. It is special because it invokes both a sense of leaving and a sense of returning based on the way I play this. My first play is after I pass thru security and walk thru the terminals and look at all the clones traveling with me, I then sit close to a window far away from people and watch planes take off as the song ends.

The next play will be as soon as passengers start to depart the plane I play the song as I walk thru the plane and on to the baggage claim. and replay the song as I watch the bags go around until I get mine. Then when I walk to the car I play the next song on that album below sea level