only me!

Discussion in 'Samplitude' started by filtersweep, Jun 4, 2016.

1. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

again... : )
    i was just wondering about a few things..
    can you copy parts or tracks between projects?
    is REX file really not supported? ( no big deal aside from the fact i have a tonne of samples and loops in that format)..
    whats with the templates and presets? finding it hard to nail down info in that regard ( specifically, if i have a track with synths and effects and settings can you save that in it's own form to load into other projects?)
    this may seem lazy, but believe me, i can't find answers for looking sometimes.. i just don't know how to phrase the question or the search i guess)
    still, for the most part still loving it. i sense there is still an enormous potential here and haven't felt like that about software for a while...
    in a bit : )

3. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

Are there any options to export as XML? if not, skip this.
    Open your samplitude project in a text editor. If it's XML-like, you probably could.

Audition3XML & Audition4 probably could. I know reaper can - RPP-hack occasionally.

4. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

That's actually a great aspect of Sam. As many projects as you want open and you can copy anything from one to the other, anything, selections, tracks, objects, whatever, it's easy to do.
    Templates, and tracks, instruments presets, obviously, yeah it's possible (for the traks fx, instrument, in the mixer at the bottom of the track there is a "FX" button with save and load options). I'll show you that too.
    And finally I'll show you how to setup Geist with multi outs in Sam to use your rex, sequence them, reodrder, slice, etc. Also easy to setup and probably the best option for this workflow.
    I'll make a quick video about all those stuffs as soon as I can.
    I don't think these different things are covered in kraznet tutorials (well maybe the tracks presets), but you can find anwsers in the manual. I know it's badely translated in English, I had an awful time reading it, but everything is covered thoroughly inside it although in a strange order. Also a good read is the Pdf Tutorial (you can find in it in your start menu in Windows 7 where Samplitude folder is) which basicely makes you go throught the making of a few steps of a projest and show you all the basics and operation, and even better they make you do it.
    Probably what helped me the most to get a handle on the basic aspects of things. After that I spent a bit of time finding a way to work according to my needs, I personnalise Sam as I need (screens, shortcuts, mixer, tracks and projets templates), because it's a Daw that has so many possibilities for all kind of different types of applications, that you have to narrow it down in the way you use it to what you need. It's what makes it difficult for newcomers I believe, many people want an immediate rapid workflow (and that's understandable, but it's not my priority in a daw) which is hard to accomplish right away with Sam. You seem to be willing to dig a bit, which is good, cause it's the spirit needed for it. You can make it as quick as any other "workflow based" daw but there is a learning curve for that and a bit of tweaking needed according to your needs for your music.
    I don't use a lot the cleaning tools, the advanced quantisation tools, the advance crossfade editor (the one in the object editor is far enought for my needs), I use 20% of the options the midi editor offers, I don't ever use the pitch editor I prefer Melodyne, etc...But I'm big on the object editing, the revolver tracks functions, the comp manager, the mixer with it's snapshots, I got used to navigate and use the arrangement view, I'm very confortable with all that now.
    I really don't regret working to get there, I've used other Daws (I still use Reaper on a regular basis, but Reaper can both be simple and very complicated if you wish, it's more a hybrid solution), and my point is not to diss them, they accomodate different needs. But for someone like myself who prefers overcomplicated with a lot of options to oversimplified and easy but with a lot of aspects that cannot be fine tuned or very little, Sam is just the perfect match. It's worth the hassle.

5. filtersweep

yes, that is the truth of it.
    i know from experience that the programs that aren't so immediately accessible usually have the most to give overall.
    so am enjoying the learning plus i have already started to develop a few whole tracks in SAM alone which is a very satisfying feeling : ) so again, thanks for the advice...

6. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Okay, @filtersweep and @au38wzh - BTW did you guys check your PM ? - so here it is. Sorry it took me a while to do, many things to do but little time, but here are the videos that answers a few things you asked recently.
    I've separated the videos, there are different topics, this way you can watch what you need. First one is how to copy things from one project to the other, video 2 takes a look at the visualisation suite and at how to save objects properties, fx tracks properties, and the 3 is Geist1 and Rexes, while the 4 is Geist with another drum synth, all in Samplitude of course.

Video 1 :

Video 2 :

Video 3 :

Video 4 :

I hope it can be usefull. Cheers.

7. artwerkski

artwerkski Audiosexual

You can. What DAW specifically?
    Cheers!

8. filtersweep

strange , i have no pm alerts, but still many thanks again for the excellent info.