Only CHF 27,900...A Reconditioned Yamaha CS-80

Discussion in 'Synthesizers' started by Lois Lane, May 24, 2021.

?

Are you in?

This poll will close on Jul 24, 2025 at 11:08 AM.
  1. Yes

16.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  3. Maybe

50.0%
  1. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Pocket change, eh? This is for sale in the village next to mine. Anybody want to chip in and share it? If we do a group buy, if 558 members each put in 50 bucks we can pull this off. Of course it will need to stay at my apartment because its just too heavy to ship around the world, but when we work out the schedule I can put you up when it comes 'round your turn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

The analog becomes digital - is also much cheaper and does not break.

Arturia - CS-80 V (149€)
    CS-80 V is our modeled version of the legendary Yamaha™ CS-80, considered by many to be the ultimate polyphonic synthesizer of the late ‘70s.
    www.arturia.com/products/analog-classics/cs-80v

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

I think the stage case will be included (not the dreamcatcher, of course), so it's no problem to send it to another user in the group every week. And come on, you'll have it all to yourself for a whole week every 558 weeks. :rofl:

6. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

That's the whole point! :mates:

7. ButchyBear

ButchyBear Newbie

Nice idea, but, really? There are NO modeled soft-synths out there that can make the sounds a real CS-80 is able to. I think a better choice would be to buy a competent analog synth and maybe a Strymon Night Sky. I have heard Novation's Summit which uses high rate bitstream samples or oxford samples as they call them. They are as close as a digital wave will ever get to a circuit-generated analog wave. IF a one-bit sample is taken often enough, it is analog. A wave or line is nothing more than a huge number of very small dots, that is how they would describe a line in math or physics. 5.6 GHz, I think they use, is quite a few little dots per second and is encroaching on analog. Two to four times that would be indistinguishable from analog mu instrument, less for the human ear. Filters etc. the ADSR part needs to remain analog. Approximations of filter resonance are just that. the best analog circuits are made from discrete components and not ICs. That is expensive and takes room. the CS-80 was an IC synth. the Oberheim SEM was discrete, at least as far as I know.

If that Synth doesn't sell in days or a week, it isn't a great deal in the first place. there are Analog Synthesizers capable of sounding nearly identical to the CS-80. Not so of modeled soft synths, they sound good, they also sound different.

Just my humble opinion...