Online Mixing Academies - Experiences?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by mercurysoto, Oct 31, 2018.

1. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    Dear AudioSexual community, I'd like to pick your mind on the subject of online sites that offer mixing coaching. In case you are not familiar with the concept, here's how it works:

You are offered a paid membership that grants you access to multitracks from actual artists to be mixed. The site owners (full-fledged, top-dollar engineers) do their mix and share it with the community. Participants do their mixes and give and get feedback on the experience. At the end of the month, you have gathered multitracks, a professional mix, the revision of your own mix, the chance to expand your mixing porfolio, and a community of like-minded people who share the love.

Right now, three services interest me:

Dueling Mixes - $30.00 monthly subscription by Graham Cochrane and Joe Gilder

Nail The Mix - $20.00 monthly subscription by Joey Sturgies

Produce Like A Pro Academy - $17.00 monthly subscription by Warren Huart

The three sites are run by people who are invested in online education and have important credits to their name, and the services are similar to a point. I've used Dueling Mixes before and I was really happy. The mixing experience, the feedback, and the references to mix are really worth it. However, I wonder how the other services available measure up.

Here's the question:

Have you used before any of these three services?

How (un)happy were you?

Follow up:

Do you think it's worth it to invest in this kind of training?

Thank you very much in advance.

3. vkris

vkris Ultrasonic

Graham is just a good marketer, not a good mix engineer.
    His skills are at the amateur level, at least they were a few years ago when I stopped watching him.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List