Online Kontakt Library Archive

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by tjgoa, Dec 26, 2015.

?

Would you like to see a full Kontakt Library Archive to search by tags?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    91.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. tjgoa

tjgoa Ultrasonic

Is there a place where all kontakt libraries are gathered in one place and organized by type? If not, I would really love to see this here at audioz! It's kinda hard to keep track of everything since there is so much and I often have to visit quite a few sites to see if, for example, any new vocal libraries have come out. It would be nice if there were a list that got updated often.

3. 3typen

3typen Member

Yes our Harddisk :)

maybe it would be cool if someone could make a tag-based searchable database (company, name, tag1, tag2, etc). this is a great idea

4. faunus

faunus Ultrasonic

Kvr audio has a pretty big database...

5. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

how would it be? a blogger website? or ... an excel/word/pdf document?... or within this thread?

6. tjgoa

tjgoa Ultrasonic

Sadly, the kvr database is all but useless after its last update. I would be okay with any of the above suggestions, so long as it would exist. For now, I guess the best would be for other people to say its a good idea and maybe get something rolling.

7. tjgoa

tjgoa Ultrasonic

Added a basic poll. Just vote if you don't want to type anything. Cheers

8. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Id like to find a away to sort libraries.... the kontakt lib organizer that USED to work... doesnt anymore.. for me at least.. on Win 10, latest Kontakt.

9. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

It would be a good deal of work, but a site such as Audiosex should have a continually-updated database in Google Documents (downloadable in various document formats), which would be searchable and sortable by name, manufacturer, minimum required Kontakt version, instruments, size, and other columnar designations.

10. tjgoa

tjgoa Ultrasonic

I'm mostly interested in searching by type, ie, piano, vocal, strings, guitar, synth, drums, etc..

11. tjgoa

tjgoa Ultrasonic

Maybe the poll is a little silly, I mean, who would object to a thing anyways, lol...

12. Tymo024

Tymo024 Newbie

You'll have to do it yourself. This is what i do too, basically you can't really organize everything as some libraries have all sorts of sounds. But for me, this is the best way to organize your libs. I also do sub-maps. For instance in my drums map there's percussion, acoustic, drum machines, orchestral. And in mallets too. glockenspiel, Kalimba/marimba, music box, toy piano.

13. tjgoa

tjgoa Ultrasonic

Yeah, I do that with the quick load function in kontakt. I'm not looking to organize what is already on my drive, rather, I'd like to see an online database that has every kontakt library listed in one page so I can see all the listings for vocals, for instance.

14. tjgoa

tjgoa Ultrasonic

Changed the title to Online Kontakt Library Archive to avoid any misconceptions.

15. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

As a "library" junky, I use the "KONTAKT Libraries Manager v3.0 by DoubleY" that I downloaded from that 'other site'. It has always worked for me (so far). When I finally looked at all of the (useless and unused - literally hundreds) of instruments that I've senselessly "hoarded over the years, I deleted them with no mercy or regrets (hah). We need to do a poll that asks the question of how many of us "audiophiles" simply collect KONTAKT libraries just for the sheer [availability] and hell of it. (Now, that would be quite interesting). The older I get, the more I realize that I should be ashamed of myself. I'm sure I'm not in the minority on this point. My New Year's resolution? Only use and eventually "buy" what I actually need for music production. (Signed: "turning over a new leaf for 2016).

HAPPY NEW YEAR guys and gals!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  16. Randym

Randym Newbie

LMAO! Im totally addicted to cracking ridiculously expensive programs just to have them too! I know, it's terrible. The sad part is i just blew 500$ on a computer (for music production) And so far Ive downloaded everything you can possibly thing of to fill up its stock 1tb hard drive, with all software, plugins, and libraries that I havent even begun to use! Ugh.. Now im like "I NEED A NEW HARD DRIVE OR 2!". Simply to just keep adding more shit Ill most likely, probably, never actually use. Smh. Im terrible! Lol It's like the satisfaction of that authorization pop up and the ability to have a complete program, that normally runs up to a $1000 or more, for FREE! It's like I stopped doing drugs, and replaced it with cracking everything I can! Lol. And every single thing I end up wanting, Im all like "OKAY NOW I'LL BE GOOD!" Then ill start watching a tutorial on how to work it, and then ill see the person have some other plugin or program that just looks awesome and works even better than it looks, im like "NOW I NEED THAT! AFTER I GET THAT, THEN ILL BE GREAT! Lmfao, yet almost 4 months later, starting with WAVES MERCURY, 1000gbs, and countless installs, Im still never satisfied lol and have the attention span of a 5 year old when it comes to using the shit I have. Its like when a kid cries for days about a toy they want, then you get it for them, and theyre already onto the next shinny, new thing released! lmfao smh.. TERRIBLE!!!!!!

17. PumasNFatLaces

PumasNFatLaces Ultrasonic

Based on a true story. Actual events have not been altered or enhanced for entertainment purposes.LOL!!!

18. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

I swear. That's why I love this %$#@ site! It seems that I'm not alone with my addiction. Hopefully, in 2016, I'll turn over a new leaf and just collect what I will actually use (for god's sake)! No shit!

19. focusrite

focusrite Platinum Record

Op you could set up a google sheet and start listing them. Set the sheet to anyone with link can edit, then anyone can join in. If you make a regular back up set to "no one can edit" then you're protecting from Trolls.

20. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

We are definitely on the same page! Damn!

21. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

i've found archives in internet, and i would be working on this, feel free to "add" work to this, if u find it useful. i have made only the first row as an example... everybody can work at different rows and join the archive later..
    I think such an excel file can be translated into whatever we need... google documents, pdf, wordpress, etc.
    But when it isn't a good idea, we can leave it...

excel file.png

Attached Files: