ongoing problems installing R2R NI software

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by severn, Oct 30, 2014.

1. severn

severn Noisemaker

hi,

so far ive managed to install reaktor latest version but all others fm8 , guitar rig etc im really struggling with .

as per my previous thread my thread

i am generally speaking trying to follow this ; Get the latest version of Pacifist and open the Reaktor installer with it. At the top of the Pacifist app there is a button that says install, this is the one ur looking to use

- when asked, Replace all files (Worked for me)

- Copy the Cracks to their location (app, vst, component)

with latest attempts with Maschine for example ..it will open as a standalone fine but only as a demo in logic ...i seem to get these messages all the time as well.

i know i am going wrong somewhere obviuosly ....

can anyone help please ?

thanks
    Severn

Attached Files:

3. deftmonk

deftmonk Newbie

I am guessing you are using their update but previous install was not r2r version?

4. DAWinci

DAWinci Newbie

I have a same problem and I have *only* been installing R2R cracks exclusively.

For example, I can not install any version of Battery after 4.02, it just goes to DEMO mode.
    Actually, the standalone works fine, but the VST doesn't.

If I revert back to 4.02, it's all fine again.

Same with Reaktor and the "players" stuff (Monark, Razor etc.)

I could go all up until several versions ago with Reaktor, and then it all started.

Players just go to DEMO mode, while Reaktor itself works fine.

I have *only* been installing R2R NI cracks exclusively, no experiments.
    I otherwise have an impeccably set up and maintained DAW on which everything else works perfectly.
    Also, it's been offline since day 1.

I tried cleaning up the registry, both manually and with reg cleaners, nothing helped.

So I'm stuck with older versions.

I even tried removing everything from NI, cleaning the registry, then installing only the latest versions,
    but it doesn't work unfortunately.

Win7 x64 SP1, Nuendo 4.3 AiR

5. ferhatyildirim

ferhatyildirim Newbie

Hello,
    I notices we have overwriting issues with some, its cool..

What I normally do in these circumstances is copy and paste the hole folder in which its wants to overwrite files i n and paste the copied folder to my desktop. Continue with installation and overwrite file and see what hapens. If, no prevail just delete and revert back, return the folder from the desktop to original.

Regards,

Ferhat Yildirim
    Timetraveler

6. Carface

Carface Noisemaker

Same here...!

I am using only R2R NI releases for years now.
    All of the latest release updates are problematic.

Update won't work cause the installer tells me the previous version
    isn't proper or so( can't remember the exact words)...
    On top of that it breaks the actual version !!!

I tried installing with the tool provided.
    Doesn't do it, not even after cleaning all NI traces.
    Lost Absynth and can't reinstall old version either anymore!!!

...so...

I stopped installing any R2R updates for now.
    Hope more people come forward to address this issues,
    so R2R will look into this and fix it.

I'm on windows 7 32bit. (if someone needs to know)

7. severn

severn Noisemaker

thanks for the replies

in this link it talks about dropping the parts into Terminal after some other instructions

here

anybody done this ?

8. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Don't Know about Mac & I don't use any cracked NI stuff at all now but when I did, I never had any problem with any R2R releases whatsoever.

The main problems I found came from people mixing various releases, not cleaning the registry properly ect. For example many people forget to check XML in service centre. Also the REG tool that R2R provide is fantastic but if it used in conjunction with other team releases can sometimes lead to problems.

Best advice would be a complete reinstall from ground 0 & where possible download all the relevant updates not just simply use the reg tool. They are in the most all available if u look.

Also this mixed with people using library adding software can lead to a huge mess in some cases.

Personally I would only use exclusively R2R releases where possible but try & get hold of all the updates where possible & following through in a logical manner.

Also there plenty of threads about what exactly you need to get rid of reg wise/service centre wise as more often than not people overlook a few important details.

Also I'm guessing but installing the latest version of the service centre with other products ect that are outdated may lead to other problems.

Also problems with not getting rid of old windows installations ect can cause strange things to happen with registry stuff.

Good Luck :wink:

9. Bandit

Bandit Producer

Very strange... I never had any issues. Could it be a Logic thing? I use Cubase. Win7 64 bit.

10. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Extended testing may be necessary to isolate the problem so if you all would be so kind as to include your OS and DAW when posting perhaps that could help understand what is happening. On the Windows side all is well.

11. severn

severn Noisemaker

when i used Windows in the past ..Most of the time installs are fine but since moving to Mac the problems have arisen with the NI stuff . I do think is becuase i am new to the platform but there are other threads where people have followed the overwriting instructions and install has not been successfull

thanks

12. gompo

gompo Ultrasonic

for me, its all working good. :bleh:

13. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

user errors as most of the time !