One more developer went bonkers

Discussion in 'Software' started by Synclavier, Jan 22, 2022.

1. typical-love

typical-love Producer

That's debatable.

2. birdboi

birdboi Producer

Well, who knows? If it's true, then good for all of us!, if not, then Idk what to say, hopefully they aren't as bad as they can be.

3. Hazen

Hazen Rock Star

Has this ever been proven to be true by actual data or is this just a common myth and justification subscribed to by people using "unofficial infinite trial versions" to ease their mind?

The advantage of Yandex is that they are located outside of EU and don't comply with DCMA takedown notices. That's why you can find results that have been removed from (eg) Google's results.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Wilder Wyatt

Wilder Wyatt Newbie

yeah I too find one partopia is a search engine and web portal.
    Yandex offers internet search and other services like maps, navigator, public transport, taxi, weather, news, ..
    /QUOTE]

5. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

Not true, Yandex is a Dutch company the same evil as Google. They are spying you the same way. The biggest data center besides Russia is in Finland. And they remove search results from the search the same way as Google does. Maybe just not as fast as Google.

6. BuntyMcCunty

BuntyMcCunty Rock Star

Including Gong Amp? I thought it worked, but when I checked after reading this thread, I now find I get intermittent bursts of white noise.

Not too bothered. Much as I love Hainbach's YouTube channel, I'm pretty sure I would never have used this for anything anyway.

7. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

this concept applies to everything, not only the audio world. and if i can't speak for everybody, i can speak for myself: if it wasn't for this "solution", i wouldn't have ever bought the license for my daw, even though i get 0 money from my hobby. i think that's a good deal, no?

i don't know if they changed it, but image-line is a good example: download the demo, very very little limitation (you can't save the project, but you have everything else). like it? ok, here are your options to buy it.

the developer here has two options:
    - consider that crack1ng will always be there, gives them exposure, act consequently;
    - do as much as in his power to make the user experience as horrible as possible: result? the ones who use the crack3d software enjoy it more, while actual users suffer.
    i don't think there's much to think here.

if people are going to make money with it, they are going to buy it. not all of them, of course, but there's always some little piece of crap that gets stuck into your buttcrack after you take a dump, no?

imho.

8. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

Yes, especially Gong Amp, its timebombed and will get intermittent silence from time to time.

9. FrankPig

FrankPig Rock Star

From R2R's 10k announcement:
    "Ok, Wait for the gong!"
    Now we finally know what it was referring to :winker::bleh::bow:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
  10. D____R

D____R Kapellmeister

Yep, my gong is broken and needs replaced, do R2R post updated versions of stuff anywhere else other than sister site?

11. waverider

waverider Rock Star

I'd agree with you IF the user experience were actually miserable for the legit user. But the legit user doesn't notice any of this, the protection is hassle free. All the user has to do is place a keyfile and that's it, similar to U-He.
    I'd agree that generally software developers can benefit from piracy, but if a developer thinks otherwise and is able to do his protection in a way that is ONLY a hassle for pirates, then I think it's acceptable and reasonable for him to do it.

Now we don't have to have this conversation at all about crap like iLok or Codemeter, because there it's reversed, the pirates have a better version while the legit customers suffer.

12. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

An amp
    With a gong
    And a cushion
    I'm sure there must be musical uses, for me the value is in the photos :rofl:

13. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

maybe it's just me but it has quite a unique sound and I already made some cool stuff with it. I'd buy it if I had 39 dol to buy stuff that I really don't need, which is definitely not the case. But if I ever need it for some reason to a paid gig I'll probably buy it as I usually do when I can for professional jobs.

Attached Files:

• toe.mp3
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
  14. BuntyMcCunty

BuntyMcCunty Rock Star

Yes, I said I thought I wouldn't use it and then while I was playing with it to check whether the crack was borked or not, I slapped it onto a kick channel and it sounded so good I ended up bouncing a loop and keeping it in the track. Fingers crossed R2R will fix.

15. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Of that I have no doubt. Like, at all