One-hour-long music

Discussion in 'Education' started by esl.hls.cat, Aug 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. esl.hls.cat

esl.hls.cat Guest

Do you know Mastro Geppetto?

239649989.jpg.gallery.jpg

He made one of the longest noses in the world.
    Your name resembles this master very closely. If you try, you can make something long.:yes:

3. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Alright, I'll try to get back on topic, this one, "Hunger Strike" by Estradasphere is "only" 20 minutes:

Now you listen to an album worth of this it can be exhausting, and often is at least for me. Killer tune though.

4. esl.hls.cat

esl.hls.cat Guest

It's great but it's not a single work. Single works differ from albums or endless improvisations.:guru:

I'll give that one million dollars for single works.:yes:

5. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

you still haven't responded to my offer : you do anything (and I mean anything) I like, I'll give you 10 billion dollars.

Also, plunderphonics is very much a thing. Look it up.

6. I've spent most of my "professional" years working with Progressive Rock artists and bands, so I am familiar with long form compositions. These differ from say, Brian Enos Thursday Afternoon, an hour long, which is abstract as opposed to Yes' Tales From Topographic Oceans, which could be considered as a whole composition and clocking in at 1 hour and 20 minutes. It is however, like all of their lengthy pieces made up of short sections. Mike Oldfield created the 25 minute long single Tubular Bells, but it could not continue to be one hour in length.
    If you are wondering why there is no such thing as an hour long pop song, I cannot give you an answer except to say that to me it is self evident that one simple musical theme cannot be sustained over that time.
    I can easily compose a long form piece but even then it is in three parts with the ending being a reprise of the first section.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

I wish it would too, it's like switching channels on the radio except there's no white noise but at least it comes with extra straps behind your back and the helmet is softer too. Which is nice cause I want someone to lick my eyeball for an hour while I can't do shit to stop it.

Typing this out made me realize this is what harsh noise feels like to their fans when it sounds like that. You should hit up the 10 hour youtube channel though, that guy can make it happen for you.

8. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

We're waiting for YOUR proposal. We want to hear YOUR music.

There was an old advertising, showing a guy eating French fries, while an other one was speaking about it.
    The conclusion was " it's not the one who speak the most about french fries who eat the most"

Some people spend their time theorising, judging music. Some other spend their time living, doing music.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Obineg

Obineg Platinum Record

"it´s wrong to be french."

- Al Bundy

10. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Put up or shut up. Show us the money in an escrow account and watch the 90 minute trips rolling in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. Obineg

Obineg Platinum Record

is somebody likes something has nothing to do with the question if - or how - it is possible to create it.

12. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

I do overuse this saying, but seems to apply here (meaning OP, not you): "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach."

13. Yuri

Yuri Rock Star

And those who are Foster, troll.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Thunderstorm noises with rain, 60 minutes, black screen

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  15. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

[​IMG]

fTRoLLster, you said you "feel deeply sorry that people who have no obligation to art (...), blah blah blah (...).".

Again, it's really simple, mon ami rosâtre:

—What are you looking to promote here, in this forum, specifically?
    —You have an agenda, clearly, but can you tell us specifically what it is? (look, it needs to be something essential, 'cos you always come back with a new name, propagating variations on the same theme, again, and again and it goes on and on!)
    —Why don't you show us examples of the music you'd like to hear propagated?
    —Don't you post examples 'cos we'll find out that you're an obsessed admirer of 21st-century academic music?
    —And most of all, what makes you a role model for other forum members, your own work?
    —Would you mind showing us some of it so we can decide for ourselves and not based on your pedantic discourse that categorizes what people produce as something between hi brow and low brow treatment applied to human music?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  16. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hello @Mynock, you are asking the right questions.

I think if she knew what she wanted at all, she would have written that too. Most of the critics I've met criticize others in order to mask their own weaknesses. Your questions / requirements are nothing more than your own inadequacy. You already notice that when someone promises you 10 million - but only in theory.

Many are dissatisfied because their skills / craft are not sufficient to be able to play up. Well then you just make the others guilty of your misery. I would say nothing comes from nothing. Should you apply and learn the job from scratch.

17. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Mmmm, doesn't work with my romantic tool, that much I can tell you.
    Soo good Oly. Damn, you overdid yourself. Clearly you broke through to next stage of wisdom. We're not worthy...:beg: :wink:
    Agreed, I feel those Foster vibes since the start. His record of bans is going to last more than Florence Griffith's 100 and 200m. :rofl:

18. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

What I find most intriguing is the fact that he/she places himself/herself in a place of speech from high status, what some call voice of God, that judges what others do without proposing absolutely nothing in the pragmatic field.

19. babuk

babuk Producer

on the other hand this

So esl.hls.cat = lbnv = foster
    Vote and revive his own thread with another account. Madness intensifies.
    At this point , one hour long headcheck won't hurt. Nobody cares for you mate?

20. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

If you know what to look out for, you can expose these people with me.
    " One devalues the other in order to enhance oneself. "

People who consider themselves to be something better are usually described as arrogant.
    They do not see their fellow human beings as equals, but treat them condescendingly.
    To other people they appear haughty, arrogant, vain and conceited.
    They demean other people and make them feel inferior.